Recent content by Gunn1

1. Gunn1

Is this an S-trap from my bathtub drain?

Thanks for the explanations. I need to clarify, and I apologize for my terminology! I was thinking that if I could come off the trap, and in that ~10" horizontal piece (properly sloped of course), I could place a combo-wye there to line up with the wall above, the one outlet pointing vertical...
  2. Gunn1

I figured this was an s-trap!...I even had the county inspector come after the plumber left the first time and I saw all kinds of issues. I had to have the plumber come back out and rip out a bunch of stuff to fix it, but I missed this one. And the inspector obviously didn't notice either. And...
  3. Gunn1

I'm building an addition on my home, mostly DIY. I hired a plumber to do the DWV, while I did the hot/cold water. I had a lot of issues with him along the way. I started drywall but before I covered any of the PVC, I wanted to test the system (not code required in my county). I installed plugs...
  4. Gunn1

Exceptions to horizontal venting under floor?

This is a great post and something I have struggled to understand too, while I prepare for my own DIY plumbing project by reading everything I can on this great forum... So, absolutely no horizontal vents? So then how would one vent a corner 5'x5' Jacuzzi whirlpool tub, with the drain approx...
  5. Gunn1

Help with Large Master Shower plumbing

I will be paying attention to this thread as I am in the process of figuring out plumbing to our custom bath/shower in a home addition. It's very similar to the one you are designing for your daughter: Single thermostatic control valve, 4 volume control valves to control shower head, 4 body...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks