Recent content by guido

1. guido

Spigot leaking from the top handle. Replace full thing or try to find a washer?

My outside spigot started leaking when I open it, at the top handle. Video: I read that might be an indication of a worn washer, which is reasonable as it's pretty old looking. My question: Is it easier to 1. take the handle off and find a matching washer or 2. is it better to just...
  2. guido

Navien heavy knocking

I think I found the real issue. Later I went upstairs and the toilet was making a stuttering sound too. I turned it off at the wall valve and since then it's been quiet. I replaced that toilets insides like 6 months ago, but apparently something is wrong with it now. Figured that out after I'm...
  3. guido

Navien heavy knocking

Reddit plumbing tells me to look for a check valve, but I don't see one: https://photos.app.goo.gl/BpkPseBpm3nm5jsRA
  4. guido

Navien heavy knocking

Made a video of me knocking on it: It also shows I've had a lot of leaking from the exhaust pipe. Not sure how to deal with it besides a towel on top of the unit
  5. guido

Navien heavy knocking

How do I check the expansion vat? I read this: https://www.hunker.com/12276034/how-to-tell-if-an-expansion-tank-is-working Knocking seems fine. I don't know how to check the pressure on it, there's not indicator or place to screw on a pressure checker
  6. guido

Navien heavy knocking

Starts at 40 seconds in: Navien tankless 240 Heat circulation on It's a new sound, we've had this tankless since 2016. Was inspected a year ago. When I look at which pipe is making the most vibrations, it's a black pipe on the right side of the unit. Should I turn the unit off immediately...
  7. guido

Toto 1.6GpF Toilet Sits Idle After Flush for 45 Seconds, Then Refills !

I have a couple toto st 743 e, and on one of them the fill valve keeps going after it's full. I've looked at some youtube videos. One suggested to clean it, and I've done that. I got as far as taking off the clipped hose taking off the green cap twisting the the next part till the plastic...
  8. guido

[SOLVED] Can't get this American Standard shower handle off, doesn't seem to be a set screw present

Thank you @Terry and @Hardt ! What i turned out needing to do was to turn on the faucet to find enough room to find the allen screw. To do that, I first needed to turn off the water (which I had other problems with, but figured out eventually) Found a replacement cartridge at local store and...
  9. guido

[SOLVED] How do I safely turn the water off for shower repair? So many handles!

Update: got it figured out, thanks @Terry! I ended up looking at my tankless specs, mapped what was what. The gas was not that pipe, so it was indeed a circ pump. Turned that off, tankless off then closed pic1 green & black pic2 red & bottom yellow Water trickled for a while, but eventually...
  10. guido

Is this the recirc pump: Or is that the gas coming in, and should I leave that alone? Does it help if I shut off red and blue at the tankless? It's definitely in recirc mode, but I thought that pump lived inside the tankless unit
  11. guido

https://imgur.com/a/NNF6jhf We have a tankless heater. I tried the following: Turned tankless off with the power button. Pic1: Turned off green handle, then had shower running, it seemed one of the 2 (cold & hot) turned off, but not the other. So I turn off black. The water slows down...
  12. guido

[SOLVED] Can't get this American Standard shower handle off, doesn't seem to be a set screw present

I can't find a slot though, I've seen 2/32 wrenches mentioned, but it seems all smooth on the bottom
  13. guido

Made some photos: https://imgur.com/a/mbW1EiK It looks like there is a space where the set screw would be, but there's nothing on the inside I rotate the whole way it allows and looked in with a flash light, and also tried to "feel" it with a screw driver, but it never latches. I then noticed...
  14. guido

[SOLVED] Can't raise temp above 110 on Navien 240a

@Dana, thanks for the suggestions. What I tried is again dipswitch 2 to turn circulation off, but this time I waited longer before trying it again. No luck -- BUT! Then I recalled the circulation pump has a valve. I found that left of the circulation pump, gave that a 90 degrees turn and then I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks