Recent content by gtfisher

1. G

Unusual Bathroom Vanity Configuration

As I am new to this forum, I am really appreciative of all the advice and suggestions, and so quickly at that. Cass and hj: the drain line will run completely within the vanity: I was simply looking for a run that would be clean looking and maximize my utilization of cabinet storage space...
  2. G

Unusual Bathroom Vanity Configuration

Question from a newbie here - what's the best way of routing my drain piping from a vanity basin, the bottom of which is 10 inches above, and 14 inches along wall from 2" waste PVC pipe. I think the plumber that did the rough-in was too close to his glue for too long.
  3. G

Teflon Tape vs Joint Compound

Jim: A follow up question - when my plumber roughed in an upstairs bathroom for us, he provided what appears to be a 4" ID elbow for me to fasten my 4" (PVC-1 NIBCO) flange into. I find that fitting the flange into the elbow is a very tight fit that might not accomodate solvent glue very well...
  4. G

Teflon Tape vs Joint Compound

Question from a newbie here - does one use glue, putty, or nothing when fastening a toilet flange (4") to a 4" PVC pipe? George
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks