Recent content by Gslenk

1. Gslenk

Row home style condos, waste water from upstairs unit clogging drains of lower unit?

Building mgmt got back to me (the supervisor over ALL buildings/structures in that area of row homes, said they'll take care of it. I know, sounds like a whole cluster of a situation. But that part is figured out. I saw the ball of wipes myself, it was wipes, unless you mean something in the...
  2. Gslenk

Row home style condos, waste water from upstairs unit clogging drains of lower unit?

I've gratefully learned a lot from this forum but I'm a bit out of my depth here. Situation: Helping a buddy rent out a condo. Basically looks like a row home setup (old building), except there's two separate units (two floors each) vertically above each other (and of course matching units on...
  3. Gslenk

Best washing machine stop valve configuration?

I went with the linked box, water supply up top, stand pipe on bottom in one box. I'll find those SF arresters. Good point easier, to change them since they tend to have a service life.
  4. Gslenk

Best washing machine stop valve configuration?

I'm partial to dahl valves and would prefer to stick with those. They do not seem to make a stop with an integrated hammer arrestor for washing machines (or I am just not searching correctly). Two questions: 1) I know compression is the standard on pretty much all other stops. I assume...
  5. Gslenk

Too tall standpipe, siphoning possible?

It's vented so nothing downstream could cause suction. And I was probably just overthinking it when I saw the 30" height limit elsewhere. I have an OLD maytag top loader I'll test it with for fun. Should outflow anything remotely modern. Thanks!
  6. Gslenk

Too tall standpipe, siphoning possible?

In comparing codes, 2018 IPC, which states minimum 18", max 42", no mention of p-trap height. UPC states 18" min, 30" max, AND the trap is 6-18" off of the finished floor. Is there any practical consideration if you are in an IPC area (up to 42" standpipe height)? I like the longer pipe for...
  7. Gslenk

Rules/options for extending a cleanout?

Yup, everything above that is PVC. And a 90 elbow would likely stick too far out of the wall anyway. Don't know why I was so hell bent on keeping the CI wye... I will likely be breaking some concrete anyway to move some drains around. Replacing and rotating the cleanout might just be best...
  8. Gslenk

Rules/options for extending a cleanout?

Either I'm not using the right search words, or what I am thinking of is not allowed... I'd like to bury this cleanout (and the rest of the main stack) in a wall, going the same direction as the cleanout (blue lines = future wall). Could I remove the threaded part, and donut/pvc about a foot...
  9. Gslenk

BioBidet Prodigy P-770 stop valve size?

I went with the 3/8 stop and supplied adapter. Seems to work fine, no leaks. Flush/cyclone is strong enough. Any more "power" from a larger supply and it might throw water out of the bowl during a flush. Luckily, I like my outlets dead center behind the toilet, it is well hidden. Thanks for...
  10. Gslenk

Have you ever had less than satisfactory results using a 3/8 stop valve with the adapter, instead of up-sizing the stop valve to eliminate the adapter? I hope the restriction won't matter since this is a tankless toilet. I'd prefer to use Dahl valves, since that is what I've been replacing...
  11. Gslenk

The supplied hose has what appears to be a 1/2" fitting on the stop valve side. The whole thing comes with a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter (optional). The hose itself is larger than the standard 3/8 supply hose for any normal toilet. I have not yet installed stop valves in the bathroom, just 1/2" copper...
  12. Gslenk

Gravity recirculation experiment, now how to set it up for real?

Little update: it's installed, everything insulated except the last 10ft of the return. There's a flex braided line (3/8) between the sink supply and the dedicated return, works just fine. I'm pretty confident the final installation with flexible copper pipe between the shutoffs will be fine...
  13. Gslenk

Burying the loop in the wall was tempting, this is one argument against that. Although any significant modification would completely justify tearing up drywall behind a cabinet. I have no intention of adding a mixing valve. I guess someone else can decide later, more hot water or faster HW...
  14. Gslenk

I figured gravity is such a low flowing process, that it should be OK. I'm going to test it first with sharkbite angle stops. Still looking into which hose might give me the best shot regarding durability.
  15. Gslenk

Yup. I'm over complicating this. 5/8 to 3/8 angle stop on both sides, best 3/8 hose I can find. Anything else seems to be too much crap to fiddle with, take up space, or potentially leak. I'll see how that holds up until I can come up with a cleaner idea. Thanks for traveling down that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks