Recent content by grymes56

1. grymes56

Boiler Temp 240F - Bad Aquastat?

thanks. replaced the whole aquastat with an identical unit and solved the problem. perhaps the old one could have been repaired - but it was easier to just switch the whole thing out.
  2. grymes56

I turned all thermostats off immediately - they can rely on the gas fireplace and spaceheaters until I fix this. Jim - what else in the circuit could cause the boiler to not shut off?
  3. grymes56

Walked into my sisters home tonight and noticed a burning smell. The CI radiators were way hotter than usual and one of them had a slight hiss at the vavle stem. The boiler's temp was at 240F, pressure about 22 PSI - so the relief valve wasnt blowing off. Is this most likely a failed...
  4. grymes56

Is this one of the 'OK' offset closet flanges?

thanks for the info Terry. Since I already have the 4x3 closet bend in there and the subfloor closed in I either have to go with an offset flange or nothing at all. Also - the 45 deg flanges wouldnt help much anyway since the drain runs parallel to the wall (i,e, perpendicular to the toilet...
  5. grymes56

I can make the floor be as thick as 2" with mud and tile. That flange I linked to is of the 4" inside/3" outside type. That is to say it fits inside sch 40 4" pie OR it fits over sch 40 3" pipe (standard 3" hub). Since I have a 4 inch hub from the 4x3 bend I will slip in a short segment of 4"...
  6. grymes56

I am doing a full joist up bathroom remodel - including replacing about 85 percent of the home's rotting copper DWV system with PVC...BTW I do not need to worry about inspections but I want it done right regardless. I purchased a Toto Promenade (12" rough, and it doesnt work with UNIFIT) BEFORE...
  7. grymes56

DWV Layout Problems

Continued: Video 5: Rerouting adjacent bathroom layout: Thank you again for all of your help!
  8. grymes56

DWV Layout Problems

Ok thanks hj. I was thinking that same thing about the toilet being wet vented by the run coming from the lavatory and kitchen sink. With regards to the entire project I have taken 5 video walkthroughs that hopefully illustrate everything that exists and everything I want to do. They...
  9. grymes56

DWV Layout Problems

Thanks hj. There is only one tub and that is the one in the new bath. My drawing is crappy and it may look like the tub is in the adjacent bathroom but it isnt. The adjacent bath is a 3/4 bath - shwer, toilet and sink only. So, just the W.C., Lav, and Shower on the right side are from the...
  10. grymes56

DWV Layout Problems

Continued from previous post: Above shows the horizontal drain/vent turning downward and the 2" vent for the adjacent bathroom. This is also where the toilet and shower from the adjacent bathroom tie in incorrectly. Above shows the location that the new bath trap will need to reside...
  11. grymes56

DWV Layout Problems

I am redoing a bathroom including changing the layout - and at the same time replacing all of the copper DWV that is 50 years old and corroding (with PVC). Additionally the adjacent bathroom has layout issues with a toilet that is not vented before the shower ties in, and as such the shower...
  12. grymes56

critique my drain layout - is this an S-trap?

thanks. Well I am almost out of ideas. This is a very frusterating sitaution because I have what seems like a ton of space to work with, a nice 3 inch main right below to tie into, and a nice 3 inch vent 2.5 feet away - yet I cant come up with a single elegant solution to tie a drain in with a...
  13. grymes56

Damn you're right - I forgot about that part. I just check and I think I can just squeeze the whole assembly under the bottom edge of the joists - so I could run a dedicated vent. I could tie the vent in using a 90 elbow with side inlet as shown in this adjusted diagram. This would place the...
  14. grymes56

EDIT: Please delete this thread and see my other thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?35335-DWV-Layout-Problems&p=251594#post251594
  15. grymes56

Tub Shoe Directly above Trap?

thanks tom. I think that setup would actually set the overflow arm too low with the tee being a separate unit. I am looing for an inteegral unit where the tee is actually PART OF the tub shoe. This would allow the overflow arm to clear the top of the joist that is in my way. I found a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks