Recent content by grizz

1. grizz

Have a few questions before my first well pump install

Thanks for the help guys! Yesterday Me and a couple buddies put the well pump in and everything works great! All your pointers and ideas worked great! I'm actually pretty amazed a couple city boys were able to pull something like this off. Ran the pump for about an hour and the flow never...
  2. grizz

Trouble with 1" nipple onto 1" 200 psi poly tubing

I'm having a little trouble trying to fit a 1" brass nipple onto my 200 psi poly tubing. Is it ok to heat up the poly tubing with a torch to get the fitting on? The tubing is blue on the outside and white on the inside. If heating is ok, should I heat both the outside and inside of the poly tubing?
  3. grizz

good deal, I got the 2228 3m vulcanized tape for my worm gears, I'm also going to put it over my water proof splice connections just for extra protection. Also I was able to score a 300ft roll of 200psi poly drop pipe! I'll be coming out of the pump with about 80ft of schedule 80 pvc so I get...
  4. grizz

I'll have to check on that, I was thinking the 100' 160psi rolls from homedepot would be my most affordable option.
  5. grizz

Good deal valveman, that setup sounds like it will work for us. So when I connect the 100 ft rolls of 1" poly piping together with couplings do I just use standard worm gear type hose clamps? Do I need any special clamps that are for a water environment?
  6. grizz

Thanks a lot Valveman! Now I was wondering what is the best way to lower the pump into the well with three guys on hand? I'm thinking things are going to start to get heavy once that pump gets low. How would we go about this without a pump puller machine? Is this something we could just man...
  7. grizz

Hi, I am getting ready to install my first well pump. I have a few unanswered questions. 1. What kind of electrical wire do I need for water resistance? I need 10 awg stranded for my depth, can I use the THHN stuff from lowes or does it have to be some specail water proof wiring? 2. The...
  8. grizz

Where to buy flexible plastic tubing?

thanks for the replies! I didn't know about the 160 psi at the pump, is there a formula I can use to figure out what my exact pressure will be? It wont be hooked up to any pressure tank and will only be used to fill a water storage tank once in a while. Thanks for the help guys
  9. grizz

Where to buy flexible plastic tubing?

I'm currently putting pieces together for my 365ft well and was wondering where you guys buy 1 1/4" plastic tubing. It looks like my local home depot only sells the 1" size roll of plastic tubing but my pump has a 1 1/4" discharge. I've come across a few websites that sell it for an outrageous...
  10. grizz

Do I need a pump shroud?

Thanks for clearing that up for me, looks like I will just go without a shroud for now.
  11. grizz

Do I need a pump shroud?

Thanks for the reply! Could you please tell me why I don't need one? The company I bought the pump from told me I would need a pump shroud, and the other fact that it would be top feeding so water wouldn't be running by the motor.
  12. grizz

Do I need a pump shroud?

Hi, I was told I'm going to need a pump shroud but I'm running into problems here. The well is on another property so I can't physically see it right now, but my paper work says the diameter is 4 1/2"(doesn't specify ID or OD so I'm not sure of the true ID). I have a 1.5hp pump that is 3 3/4"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks