Recent content by Gritres

1. Gritres

brumby pump from Australia

the brumby pump is nothing special, it's just an air lift aka pulsar pump where air bubbles lift water. you can make your own, it's kind of dumb to buy something so simple unless its cheap and i dont think brumby's are. they are great for clearing wells full of debris because there are no moving...
  2. Gritres

Cooling Water in Exterior Tank

just put it underground as deep as your shovel can take it
  3. Gritres

Having a well drilled, need some advice.

oh ok you want to minimize the time it takes to irrigate because you're so used to irrigation screwing up your water pressure. I still think ideally you'd want to be able to water the lawn and take a shower at the same time (and you would be able to with an 18 GPM pump and your current sprinkler...
  4. Gritres

Having a well drilled, need some advice.

why are you so concerned with the amount of time it takes to irrigate? do you have to move sprinklers around manually? an automatic irrigation system is very easy to setup and sounds like it'd free up half your week and allow you to use a CSV and not care if it takes forever to water. or is...
  5. Gritres

Questions on recovering an old shallow well...

the distance is less of a concern than the elevation. sounds like you have anywhere from 100 to 150 feet of head which is up to 65 PSI lost from elevation. you'll need a decent submersible or jet pump for that, somebody here will have a recommendation im sure. you want to keep it cheap it seems...
  6. Gritres

Shallow well

sledge hammer is far from ideal. you want something heavier especially for 2 inch. progress is progress though. hopefully you not only dug as deep as you could manually with an auger or something before you started driving but you also kept the walls from collapsing in. sand friction is the...
  7. Gritres

New Sand point

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Source-Pitcher-Pp500-Spout/dp/B00093Z652/ref=sr_1_5?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1310524997&sr=1-5 i bought that and it was well worth the measely cost. you have to pour a little water in the top of it while you're priming the well but after that there's no problems. i...
  8. Gritres

New Sand point

in my experience you can't expect to get much more than double the starting GPM by developing so you're probably at your limit. going deeper will only increase the flow rate if you hit better sand beneath it but there's simply no way to tell without trial and error. it's sounding like you're...
  9. Gritres

Best PVC Cleaner, Primer, Glue, All Opinions Welcomed

What do you find is the best for doing connection on PVC pipe of moderate diameter of say 2"? It's my understanding that PVC cleaner and primer are exactly the same thing with the exception of the dye. They have the exact same ingredients and effect on the PVC. The dye is nice so you don't...
  10. Gritres

Advice on Old Well

not sure if anyone else answered, but with water 37 feet down you need a submersible pump. a jet pump will not be efficient at all and if you're going geo you care about efficiency. if you don't want to dig a return well then dig a hole, make your own lake and call it waterfront property :)
  11. Gritres

New Sand point

a thorough pumping with a pitcher pump provides a lot of back and forth water flow which is generally enough to develop a small shallow well. if you want to get more advanced you can use a surge block in between pumping sessions where you take, in your case, about a 16 foot pole with something...
  12. Gritres

How Much Rust Is Too Much?

Iron still seems to be the standard for a high value long lasting pump. I have an iron centrifugal that is about 3 years old that pumps good rather clear looking water from a shallow well. After it sits for a good 12 hours if I open the priming valve to let a little water leak out it is just as...
  13. Gritres

Any recommendations or opinions on poly pipe to use on a long haul

the chances of 160# poly being damaged merely by shifting earth are like one in a million. it's worth the extra cost over the 100# poly, not because you need it to sustain the water pressure but just for having thicker walls for general wear and tear during installation and future shovels that...
  14. Gritres

New Sand point

the more screen you have under water (as long as it's all under water and remains that way when the pump is running) the better, but 3 foot is the most common size for bangable points. you just may need a lot of them to actually water your lawn when you consider an average hose bib puts out 5...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks