Recent content by Grifjc

1. Grifjc

Pressure switch cut off adjustment question;

Thanks Reach4 and valveman for your valuable input. I think i best plan to try letting pump run with sprinklers going in a few different zones and watch the gauge to see it it is dropping rising or staying steady before i start adjusting. Great suggestions and again I appreciate very much for...
  2. Grifjc

I was suckered i think. My notes reflect the guy doing the work said the old pump was a 1999 (this was in 2008) and on the short end. He told me the pumps were good for 6 -8 yrs; depending on how much sand.. I have NO sand in this well so likely did not even need a pump. My note showed (1 -1/4"...
  3. Grifjc

Thanks Valveman; Are you saying that due to the 5 second soft start that the pressure gauge may continue dropping while the pump is already running? I thought i could hear it kick in but maybe not? Possibly pump may be working correctly and kicking in when the 30# is reached but pressure is...
  4. Grifjc

Reach4 i think i put my reply in wrong spot. hope it gets back to you
  5. Grifjc

Reach4 I sure appreciate the great detailed response. I will try it to see what happens including making sure the nipple is clear. Looks like i may have posted the reply in wrong place so i am repasting it here. I noticed your initial comment about the pump possibly not being sized correctly...
  6. Grifjc

Reach4 ; Thanks for the excellent feedback. I will try what you said Reach4 I sure appreciate the great detailed response. I will try it to see what happens including making sure the nipple is clear. I noticed your initial comment about the pump possibly not being sized correctly for this...
  7. Grifjc

I am new to this forum and not sure i am posting correctly. Anyway here goes:: I have a hand dug water well that is spring fed; use for lawn watering only. Have about 2 acres so once the pump comes on it pretty well just stays on the way sprinklers are set up. I have a 3" 155Q07-150 pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks