Recent content by grider

1. grider

How to remove 1980s vintage Delta faucet bonnet

Update 1/11/2021: Success! A little finesse, patience, and a lot of elbow grease got the handle assembly off - straight up as Jeff advised. Thanks again to you both.
  2. grider

Thanks Jeff and Reach4. I’ll give it a try with a puller. Good tip about the longer screw...
  3. grider

Thanks, Jeff. I’ve been doing that but didn’t want to use brute force in case there’s another retainer somewhere, but now that you say there’s not, I’ll keep working on it and report back to the thread if I’m successful, since I’m not the only one who has these 30+ year old fixtures that need...
  4. grider

(This is definitely the Delta H22 handle assembly shown in Terry’s graphic above.)
  5. grider

It just doesn’t want to budge pulling straight up. Could there be an second screw buried dune the hole on top under the one removed?
  6. grider

Yes, there was a screw in the top of the handle assembly, which I removed. Also one in the end of the handle arm, which I also removed to slide porcelain trim off.
  7. grider

Thanks, Terry and Jeff. So I just unscrew the entire assembly shown in the photo with the porcelain handle removed? I’ll give it a try in the morning and report back
  8. grider

Any suggestions on how to pull the bonnet from this faucet to replace the cartridge? There doesn’t seem to be calcium buildup at the bottom, there’s no set screw, and it won’t budge with attempts to pry upward. I don’t want to damage it so have resisted brute force. What am I missing?
  9. grider

Boiler expansion tank replacement: steel expansion vs bladder?

My 48" x 12" horizontally mounted steel expansion tank has developed a pinhole leak (it's 40 years old but has otherwise served me well) and needs to be replaced as the PRV is opening due to excess pressure build-up each heat cycle. I realize that the standard tank nowadays is the bladder...
  10. grider

Does pressure affect Well Xtrol tank bladder life?

Thanks to all respondents! Thanks to all for the enlightening (and at times philosophical) discussion on pressure and cycling! grider
  11. grider

follow-up question to tank pressure Thanks for the info. Will the water pressure delivered both to my house and my irrigation system suffer if I lower the pressure to 40-60 psi in order to reduce cycling?
  12. grider

I have a brand-new 85 gal Well Xtrol bladder tank and upon installation increased the air pressure above the bladder from 38 psi to 46 psi since my pressure switch is set at 48-68 psi. Will this increased tank pressure over the 38 psi default level decrease the life of the bladder? (Under...
  13. grider

Reset Pumprtol pressure switch to factory preset levels

I meant to say "valveman" in the prior reply! I meant to say "valveman" in the prior reply!
  14. grider

Reset Pumprtol pressure switch to factory preset levels

Re: Pressure switch re-set Thanks for the advice, pumpman. I'll give it a try in the next day or two.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks