Recent content by Greg Reed

1. Greg Reed

Basement bathroom - struggling for layout ideas

Finally, like this: I'm having a hard time to make a normal 3D "stick man" sketch that shows this.
  2. Greg Reed

I'm thinking now about this as a possibility. Shower to tie in separately, with its own vent. Toilet to tie in before shower, wet vented from lav. The lav drain would run horizontally in the wall, drop to vertical above 3" toilet line. Thoughts ??
  3. Greg Reed

Thanks for quick reply. But perhaps my description wasn't accurate. That stack is coming down from above, then turns 90 deg to horizontal under the basement slab, running top right to bottom left in the pic. This bathroom group is on that same slab. So as you have drawn it, the waster almost...
  4. Greg Reed

I'm planning to add a bathroom to my basement, but struggling for a good layout. As you can see from the attached layout, I have two 3" stacks coming down from the first floor. I'm ASSUMING its a straight line from the 1st to the 2nd (running right to left in the pic). After that, I have no idea...
  5. Greg Reed

Where to tie in new basement vent

That would be good news! So the requirement to tie "above flood level of highest fixtures" only relates to where the dry vent connects to the main vent stack exiting the roof? This is where I was getting confused.
  6. Greg Reed

Where to tie in new basement vent

Sorry for the newbie question, but I really haven't found the clear answer to this anywhere. I'm adding a basement bathroom to a 2-bedroom house. There are two soil stacks coming into the basement - one serving a 1/2 bath on 1st floor, and full bath on 2nd floor. Basement bath will be below...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks