Recent content by Greenmountain

1. Greenmountain

Expansion tank pressure?

Instructions for my boiler say to fill system to 16-18psi. If my boiler system pressure will be 17 psi filled, what should the pre-charge of my expansion tank be?
  2. Greenmountain

Control two actuators as one zone?

ok, not sure I understand all these options completely... But going back to the original potential set-up... The goal is to have three heating zones (no cooling) each controlled by a thermostat. I know this is not really a typical set-up, but two of the three zones would have two separate...
  3. Greenmountain

Control two actuators as one zone?

I'm setting up a hydronic heating system using supply and return manifolds with 5 ports each. There are actuators for the ports on the return manifold: https://www.pexuniverse.com/uploads/docs/pdf/a-4024-installation.pdf...
  4. Greenmountain

Cut & thread chrome brass tube?

If I take it apart, the thread will be exposed and I can then at least theoretically determine what it is... but if I have to send it off to Italy or Unobtanistan to be re-threaded... well, then I should have just not messed with it. Know what I mean?
  5. Greenmountain

maybe I should just tig weld it;)
  6. Greenmountain

Have a dial caliper, the 13/16 measurement is very accurate (prob +/- .005). Not so worried about the chrome... I just don't know if I'll be able to get it threaded again if I take it apart and cut it. Obviously it's possible since it is threaded, but also does not seem to be a standard pipe...
  7. Greenmountain

If it does happen to be 5/8 cts, any guess what the thread might be? Does 5/8 NPT even exist? Maybe SAE short taper pipe thread?
  8. Greenmountain

I just discovered that there's another pipe standard... CTS: copper tubing size The OD of 5/8 CTS is 3/4. Maybe it's a 5/8 CTS pipe plus 1/32 layer of chrome? would equal an OD of 13/16
  9. Greenmountain

the OD of the shower pipe is exactly 13/16" which is .8125 Looks like the npt standard OD for 1/2" pipe is .840 difference then is .0275, so less than 1/32 (.03125) but more than 1/64 (.015625) (The 1/2" pipe I was comparing it to when I said it's about 1/16 smaller was an old piece of black...
  10. Greenmountain

the chrome shower pipe OD is roughly maybe 1/16" smaller than 1/2" iron, by my measurement. maybe that helps account for the thinner wall material when cutting thread? I can set the shower valve in a vice or crescent wrench. Since I need to shorten it, I could just use a pipe wrench to...
  11. Greenmountain

hi all, I have a shower/valves/faucet combo that came with an antique clawfoot tub. The shower is too tall... low ceilings :( Can this stuff (chrome plated brass pipe?) be cut and re-threaded? diy, or maybe at a specialty shop? I've done lots of black iron, but nothing like this.
  12. Greenmountain

SanTee legal at 45?

Tilting the SanT to 45 would have facilitated things given my framing, etc, but I can still do it with the SanT vertical, so question was kinda more just out of curiosity Thanks for all the replies:)
  13. Greenmountain

IPC, any problems with this arrangement?

I was thinking this way might be better as tub draining helps wash toilet debris down the line, but seems there may also be a slight potential to pull a gap in the toilet trap?
  14. Greenmountain

IPC, any problems with this arrangement?

not sure I follow... that combo would connect straight up to the toilet flange, so the branch is located by the toilet flange. The arrangement in the pic is not exactly to scale but pretty close. Would it be better to have the 3x2x3 wye below rather than upstream of w/c combo? If so, I could...
  15. Greenmountain

SanTee legal at 45?

b/c the vent needs to be before trap arm drops down?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks