Recent content by Greenleaf

1. Greenleaf

Faucet identification help / cartridge replacement?

Hi all, We have 3 of these unidentified faucets in our house, and every one of them has a slow leak around the hot valve side, which slowly seeps water onto the countertop. I have just started to try to tackle this to see if it can be fixed by re-seating or replacing a cartidge, or perhaps...
  2. Greenleaf

Hydronic Radiant In-floor Heating: Pump & air valve replacement

Thanks, Jim. I did check the pressure of the tank before installation. It was right on 12psi. I don't think there is a leak simply because when the system heats up again it returns now to approx 12psi, rather than the 18-20psi it was reaching right after the initial fill and before I flushed...
  3. Greenleaf

UPDATE: Ok, have now completed the system maintenance I've been working on for awhile. Here's some updates and a few remaining questions at the bottom: air bleed valve replaced (as above) expansion tank replaced circ pump replaced full system flush (multiple) Out with the old expansion tank...
  4. Greenleaf

Just thought I'd post a quick update: I replaced the air bleed valve the other day. Went pretty smoothly after I realized I need to bleed off the excess pressure after shutting-off the feed. After that, did a full system flush one loop at a time. Lots of brown water poured from each, and some...
  5. Greenleaf

The 007e does look like a nice option... especially if I can just drop it into the existing flanges, and wire it up. https://player.vimeo.com/video/170631626?autoplay=1 http://www.tacocomfort.com/products/variable_speed_products/007e/index.html
  6. Greenleaf

Thank-you both for your replies. True I think we are putting the system through some unusual stress by being out-of-town 2 or 3 days each week and I would just shut the heat completely off. Upon return it would take basically a full day to bring things back up to temp, as it has been as low as...
  7. Greenleaf

In our recently purchased approx 20 yr old house, we have an in-floor radiant heating system, that seems to work quite poorly, as in very slow to heat (like, half a day to get rooms up to temp). I suspect the previous owners either did not use it, or only used it supplementally. (house also has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks