Recent content by Green Genie

1. Green Genie

Sealing a tub drain flange

I'm about to install an acrylic skirted tub in an alcove. The instructions that came with my OS&B waste overflow states to seal the drain strainer flange with a non-oil-based caulking compound. Is plumbers putty oil based? Is Silicone seal oil based? A water based product doesn't sound...
  2. Green Genie

Bathtub install floor height

I'm renovating an upstairs bathroom and have stripped out the builder grade 60x30 steel tub and removed the alcove tiled area down to the studs. The tub was sitting on 5/8 ply subfloor and the finished floor is 3/8 sanded ply underlay and sheet vinyl butted up against the tub skirt. My plan...
  3. Green Genie

Panasonic bathroom fan install

I'm in the planning stages of back to back bathroom remodels. Neither one has a bath fan. My teenage son never opens the window before showering so the ceiling is showing signs of mold spots. They both have attic access with a new wood shake roof. Ensuite is 9x6 and main bath is 9x7ft...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks