Recent content by Greatwhitewing

1. Greatwhitewing

Below Grade Sink/Toilet Education Please..

I don't understand your venting comment. the washing machine drains into the stack and it's all vented through the roof. Please expound on what you mean? Or why my stack that is already vented isn't enough.
  2. Greatwhitewing

The cat litter was a stretch but never hurts to ask. Trying to save the wife some labor carrying it upstairs. Thanks for your help
  3. Greatwhitewing

If it were below the floor I wouldn't need a pump :D. The stack output to the street is about 1.5 above floor level but to get into the stack I need about 3 feet of rise.
  4. Greatwhitewing

I am considering a sink below grade so I will need a pump. I want to be able to put flushable cat litter through if it's all possible. I assume I need a toilet grade pump for this task. I would like advice on this potential project please. I plan to put a standard laundry type free standing...
  5. Greatwhitewing

Help with HWH COntrols

L 400080B But I couldn't find anything on the web. That's from the installer
  6. Greatwhitewing

Help with HWH COntrols

I have this Honeywell control for indirect my HWH. I want to raise the temp but I can't read where I line up the numbers to. This is partly poor lighting, partly old eyes and partly poor access. It's tucked away a bit behind the boiler and can't see the other side. Can I loosen that screw in...
  7. Greatwhitewing

Power-Pipe, Effectiveness of drain water heat recovery systems ???

I have a tempering valve set at 120, I scootched it up a few degrees and at the beginning the shower temp control is in the middle. It's a pretty new Delta shower called a Carlisle, has their latest cartridge in it.
  8. Greatwhitewing

Power Pipe brand is your brand of choice I take it? Did you research it or just pick it? Wish I had bought one a while ago before copper got so expensive and prices went up a lot!!!!
  9. Greatwhitewing

I know Dana is a strong proponent of the concept. I also know in plumbing you get three opinions for every two people.. lol That's why I am asking this question in a new thread. I would like to go with a 3" but it so very tight within the wall AND I believe by code if went to 3 inch I have to...
  10. Greatwhitewing

Considering installing one but not sure if the claims are accurate for effectiveness or if it's simply "snake oil". My current shower drain is 2" but I can use an entire floor below the shower for length. So I could use an 78 or 82 inch version from Power Pipe Claims it's 53-56% efficient...
  11. Greatwhitewing

New Install Help Please

Let's say I want to go bigger. Is there a downside to ADDING a tank or is replacement the only proper remedy? Two 45's would give me 90 (duh) and potentially a back-up..
  12. Greatwhitewing

New Install Help Please

To Gary, the pipe from the boiler is 1 inch as well as the return. Dana, the Viesmann is the smallest one with a Riello burner. I think 80k btu was the number??? 20 minutes is a long time for a shower IMHO but it's the mother of my children, what can I do except complain a bit, a little...
  13. Greatwhitewing

New Install Help Please

I wasn't quite sure how to interpret that 2.5 spec listed twice. Maybe someone who knows for sure can chime in. Bottom line is the flow is throttled pretty far back to to 50-75% of max flow. The HWH is on the priority zone. Guy said it wasn't when he came but the initial install guys said it...
  14. Greatwhitewing

New Install Help Please

In the springtime had installed Viesmann Vitronic 100 and Superstor 45 gallon indirect water heater. Shower is delta Carlisle rated at 2.5 + 2.5 GPM. Water heater on priority zone. Boiler has outdoor reset setback controls. Installed by very reputable contractor. Oil fired. WH was set to 130 and...
  15. Greatwhitewing

Power Pipe Really Work?

Looking at a 60"-72" long 2" power pipe hooked up to my shower only in a wall on the first floor between the shower on second floor and basement where the boiler is. Does the thing really work as advertised? http://www.renewability.com/general/residential.html We have 4-5 people showering...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks