Recent content by Granger

1. Granger

Sewer gas smell from cold water tap

I think you’re right about the AC condensate line. If that’s plugged up, how would the smell get to the other side of the bathroom? His and her sinks. Both stink
  2. Granger

OK 2nd update. Think I was chasing a red herring. Since I flushed the heater and changed the anode thinking that would fix it and it didn’t, I did an experiment where I closed the drain in the sink and ran the cold water. No smell! When I opened the drain back up I got the smell. So the smell...
  3. Granger

Here’s a follow up. I changed the anode rod (which was almost 75% gone) and flushed the tank. Also turned off the recirc pump for a few days prior to the rod change and the smell was still there. I have no idea what to do next. The three sinks where the smell is coming from are the top floor...
  4. Granger

Thanks for the replies. Water heater is 6 years old. I’ll see if I can remove it but it might be stuck in there. I turned off the recirc pump so if the smell abates then it was the heater? Smell is only out of the cold side taps on the sinks. Not the shower. Thanks
  5. Granger

I’ll try both - worth a shot thanks!
  6. Granger

That’s a good idea. I’ll give it a shot. Any other sources to consider?
  7. Granger

Our house in on the town sewer and water. After about 5-6 hours or so of not using the cold water taps in our upstairs master bathroom, when we first open the taps they smell of rotten eggs. Both his and hers taps. This also happens in our upstairs guest casita. I’ve tried pouring boiling water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks