Recent content by Gpace1

1. Gpace1

Intermatic FM/1 timer losing time

**UPDATE** This problem is solved. The new timer was missing a jumper between posts 2 & 3. Soldered one in and all is well.
  2. Gpace1

Intermatic FM/1 timer losing time

I am struggling with this timer losing time. The timer controls a sprinkler that is attached to my OSSF. This is an aerobic septic system that pumps out through sprinklers. I began to see the sprinklers running at odd times. The current time setting on the timer was losing time. I replaced...
  3. Gpace1

Well water house supply shutoff

I need to shut the house water supply. I want to change a Moen single handle cartridge. I have a private well outside with a pressure tank and Rayne conditioner in the garage. I have no idea which valves to turn. There is a large valve attached to a pipe coming from the pressure tank, a ball...
  4. Gpace1

Challenger PC266R pressure tank

Yes, I was very pleased. The labor was $150. for 2 men. No supplies. Shut pump power, drain tank, unscrew two pipes and drag the old one away. Reconnect new, check air and start filling while watching pressure switch. Done...
  5. Gpace1

Thanks to all replies. Had Associated Drilling out of Manchaca, Texas come out. The 5 year old Challenger had a rusted out welded "malleable" elbow leaking. I had them install another challenger "I" series (I85-PC266) with a stainless elbow. $900. out the door. Took them all of 30 minutes...
  6. Gpace1

I just noticed a leak under my pressure tank in the garage. This tank was installed July 2006. The previous one (same model) was installed in 2002 and failed the same way. The leaking water is very rusty. Water pressure and quality in house is unaffected, so far. Are these tanks prone to...
  7. Gpace1

Well pressure gauge

Needle permanently stuck after a freeze.
  8. Gpace1

Well pressure gauge

My gauge has frozen again. Can anyone suggest a gauge that will not freeze? It is exposed.
  9. Gpace1

Well pressure

I am having what seems to be a well pressure problem. It is ONLY evident when the lawn sprinklers are on, so far. When any zone is watering, the pressure starts out good, then gradually drops to a trickle. This will occur even when no other water is running. The pressure switch cuts on and...
  10. Gpace1

water mineral content

OK, today I got my TDS tester in the mail. It appears my RO 15 month membrane is not even working a little. TDS is 175 from BOTH kitchen faucet and RO faucet. TDS is 120 from refrigerator. AND 120 straight from the well. I guess I don't know what the hell I'm doing....
  11. Gpace1

water mineral content

I just measured my hardness with the Hach kit. 80 drops before it turns blue. So 80. . I am using 40 pounds of Morton System Saver per 8 days. Two people in the house. The undersink RO system is an RaynePure 4 stage. The 200 figure I referred to should have been 240 TDS. Yes, I found a...
  12. Gpace1

water mineral content

A neighbor is selling RO systems. He offered to measure my mineral content. I currently have a RaynePure under sink system that purifies Rayne conditioned well water. The RO water measured 240PPM. The water straight out of the conditioner is 1200. The water straight out of the well is 900...
  13. Gpace1

Water storage tank

Folks, it is getting dry in South Texas (West Travis County) I am on a well in the Trinity. Wells around me are going dry. I have decided to at least install a pump shut off switch to save my pump motor. However, I am also interested in a storage tank. We are 60 years old and live alone. We...
  14. Gpace1

Fluidmaster 402LG w/leak guard

Thanks. Just to be sure...removing the leak guard will revert it to a 400a?
  15. Gpace1

Fluidmaster 402LG w/leak guard

Gentlemen, today I installed a new Fluidmaster 402LG fill valve with the leak guard. I am unable to get the leakguard to work properly. When I simulate a flapper leak, the float does not stay up. It "seems" the plastic chain floating is enough to hold the "leak guard" device up and away from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks