Recent content by Gouranga

1. Gouranga

Commercial contruction question...

Definitely find a lawyer that is knowledgable in this area and get his answer to that. If this affects your design greatly now, imagine how much an impact it will have if you build the thing then end up having to add one after the fact or have to redesign to accomodate it later on.
  2. Gouranga

Funky Smell in "Freshly Washed" clothes

My wife started putting a little of that "Borax" stuff in with each load in our machine and that stuff cleared out ANY smell from the clothes. Now we do have an OLD machine not a new one but it may be worth a try.
  3. Gouranga

Security System is insane

Very true. the sad part is I am a true Gaston county redneck in that I have 6 guns in my home and a bow and arrow (which would actually be more appropriate), as well as a variety of long bladed weapons. Afterward I was considering the fact that I grabbed the least lethal of all the weapons in...
  4. Gouranga

Sorry I went on hiatus there guys. Crazy week. So, my wife was reading the book and doing some web searches. She came to the conclusion that it was a smoke alarm built into this thing (which was something I did not know they had). The book said that could happen if it got clogged with dust and...
  5. Gouranga

Thats what I was afraid of. It is an ADT system and let's just say, that contract was terminated by me and my wife under some not so good conditions.
  6. Gouranga

Last night one of our glass break sensors started doing this extremely loud high pitched squeal, for 10 seconds every minute or so. After I got my heart rate back down to normal, I deactivated the system, it shut up, everyone was happy. So with the alarm deactivated, about 2 hours later this...
  7. Gouranga

Wood Laminate Flooring reconsidered

Yeah I used some of the colored silicon caulking. Only in the areas where it would be visible. about 95% of the spots in the hallway where it would show are under quarter round so I used the other stuff there since it seemed to be physically better stuff AND it cost a LOT less than the color...
  8. Gouranga

Wood Laminate Flooring reconsidered

When I moved into my house we had the same extremely tired carpet all over the house. I pulled up the stuff in the hallway and replaced it with the laminate flooring from Depot (not the most expensive stuff they had but midgrade). It was probably about 3 years ago. I even bought the installation...
  9. Gouranga

Stray Cats!!!

Well, got home yesterday and everyone in the neighborhood got a letter from the city code enforcement officer. Turns out there have been a HUGE amount of complaints to them involving free roaming cats and retards letting their animals use others front yards as toilets. I would not be...
  10. Gouranga

Whole house water shutoff

I live in NC and our meter/cutoff is about 1 foot down. It is the only cut-off for the entire house. i have a couple other places where I can shut down about 99% of the water in my home but I have one outside hose that actually comes off the line BEFORE the pressure reduction valve that does not...
  11. Gouranga

How Dangerous is this???

Wow! That is impressive but still better than all the people who die during every ice storm in NC when they pull their propane grills into the house to heat it. I college we did not pay for any utilities in my apt but they controlled the thermostat and in Fredonia, NY it gets COLD in the winter...
  12. Gouranga

Stray Cats!!!

I bet it would work on teenagers cutting through your yard too. I could move it every day or 2 so they could not find it in the dark. I will have to by them in bulk though. I Imagine a few would get smashed. Could be fun though.
  13. Gouranga

Stray Cats!!!

Put out a flyer in mailboxes near your home. letting anyone with outdoor cats know that if their animal goes missing they can be picked up at the pound and they can pay a small fee to get them. Then call animal control. They will put out a trap, catch offending felines and cart them away.
  14. Gouranga

Fence options

I am liking the stainless columns idea. One thing with this area is we have plenty o' termites. If you leave un protected (or even to an extent protected) wood outside, they will eat it. I will also take a good look at the prestressed concrete. I could replace this fence REAL quickly if it was...
  15. Gouranga

Fence options

So pretty soon I am going to have to replace the fence along my back property line. The old one was not maintained by the previous owner and although I have put some good effort to limp it along, i think I got maybe 2 years left in it at most. it is a 6 foot wood privacy fence. It runs the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks