Recent content by Goleary91

1. Goleary91

Options for adding a sink to our laundry room...bit of sticky situation

For anyone that cares: I went ahead and implemented the plan above even though Seattle code doesn't explicitly call out allowing the sharing of a p-trap between a washer and a sink. I just had it inspected and it passed inspection! Seems like things are to some extent at the discretion of...
  2. Goleary91

Gotcha, thanks! One more thing... I'm a little confused about the suggestion to connect the laundry tray to the clothes washer standpipe. In the Seattle code I don't see any item 802.4.3.1. Also the Seattle code states that a washer standpipe length may not exceed 30": And yet IPC 2018 CODE...
  3. Goleary91

It is not. Upon closer inspection it looks like a 2x6 in the front, 2x8 on the left and 4xsomething behind it? I realize this isn't conclusive, but I measured out where this "post" is upstairs and its the middle of the floor in my kitchen...no wall or post extending above it. Would you...
  4. Goleary91

Awesome, thanks! Does it matter if I use 1.5" or 2" for the drain pipe for the sink?
  5. Goleary91

Perhaps I am wrong about it being a structural post. This was put in when the house was constructed, there was no later modification for this laundry room. This looks ideal! If I just add a santee to the standpipe and connect the laundry sink in like this: Should I be good? No additional vent...
  6. Goleary91

Hello from Seattle, We have a laundry room that only has a standpipe and a cleanout. We want to stack the washer/dryer and add a sink. To figure out what I was working with I opened up the wall. I was hoping I could move the standpipe to the right (just left of the 240v outlet) and then plumb...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks