Recent content by GoldMaple

1. GoldMaple

Kitchen Drain Pipe and Vent Move

Okay. I'm not sure of the code here but I am going to raise the horizontal vent pipe simply for best practice. I'm going to cut the galvanized pipe off close to the ceiling and then support it with a riser clamp so it does not come crashing down. The length of the galvanized pipe, once I cut it...
  2. GoldMaple

I haven't done anything with the plumbing yet. I'm not even sure if I could get the plug opened on the vent? It looks like it has never been opened.
  3. GoldMaple

It can get very cold but I think given the short length it will be okay. Is there a method of strapping that pipe to prevent it from falling? Also, given the vent has been in that location for decades and for the time I've lived here I have not experienced any drainage issues would you even...
  4. GoldMaple

Hello, I'm renovating my kitchen and I have a few questions. Please refer to the attached pictures for context. 1. I would like to move my drain and hot & cold lines from the floor into the wall. The drain pipe below the floor drops straight to the concrete floor, about 8 feet. Just below the...
  5. GoldMaple

Parallel Wires?

Thanks everyone! I'm going to remove one wire and be done with it. Cheers! GM
  6. GoldMaple

Parallel Wires?

Those wires running in parallel are about 8 feet long.
  7. GoldMaple

Parallel Wires?

The wires are all 14\2. I opened the junction boxes to see and the wires go directly from one junction box to the other, there is nothing in between. So you may be correct in that the plans changed mid project and they just connected them all. Not sure? I did post a diagram of the wires. Just...
  8. GoldMaple

Parallel Wires?

Hello, I came across some wiring that I've never seen before. The wire from the panel goes into a junction box and is then connected to two other wires that exit the box. The two wires travel directly to a second junction box where these two wires are connected to two other wires that lead to...
  9. GoldMaple

Adding a New Light

Thank you. I'll proceed with the proposed option.
  10. GoldMaple

Adding a New Light

Hi, I would like to add a new light and switch. The closest source of power is at another light. Attached is a diagram of the current setup and my proposed new wiring setup. I would like the two lights to work independently of each other. Can someone please confirm, or not, that the proposed...
  11. GoldMaple

Soldering lead free brass video

Hello, So I tried to solder this elbow again. Like you recommended I cleaned it up and used more flux. Again, the brass elbow just slid off. I have never experienced anything like this. So, what the heck.... I try the other side of the elbow with the other end of the small copper pipe. Heated...
  12. GoldMaple

Soldering lead free brass video

Hello, I was going to create a new post but my issue could very well be related to these new lead free fittings. I just fitted all the pieces for my new bathtub and was soldering the together. When I soldered a piece of copper pipe to my brass tub spout elbow I was confused when the elbow...
  13. GoldMaple

Leveling Acrylic Tub Apron

Hi, Attached are two pictures of the same acrylic Maax tub taken from different angles. The installation instructions say not to wedge under the front apron when leveling the tub. I used self leveling concrete on the floor and the tub is virtually level without any intervention. However, from...
  14. GoldMaple

Ground Wire

Yes, thanks. With further research I was able to determine that borrowing the ground from another circuit is not to code. So, he's going to leave those receptacles and put two prong plugs on them. Then run a new grounded circuit through the attic and drop a new grounded plug in each room. The...
  15. GoldMaple

Ground Wire

My buddy has an old house and the upstairs uses wires with only a white and a black, no ground. He's done a lot of renovating in the basement and all the newer circuits in the house have a ground wire. One of the new receptacles with a ground is very close to an old receptacle without a ground...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks