Recent content by Goglu

1. Goglu

Pre-heating water for tankless system in cold climate

Thanks. I have learnt my lesson. Now, about the thermostatic option; I called Delta technical support to brainstorm with them and they could not confirm or not if this would make a difference in my situation (tankless with very cold incoming water). They did suggest as you did with the rough-in...
  2. Goglu

So, I guess I was looking for some magic. Now, since I don’t believe in magic for say, I went through the "Tinker” approach (sorry, I got young kids) and came up with a home-made solution. Now bare with me, I didn’t fix the gpm issue at the source as I was looking to do . I instead just...
  3. Goglu

Thanks for the info; i didn’t know this existed to be honest. For the btu calculation, you lost me a little. But any improvements like this should have been thought at the stud level of the renovation. Most of the drain is above the crawl space and not easily accessible anymore. One thing I...
  4. Goglu

Just reading on thermal expansion. Since pressure would remain (more or less) the same from the inlet to the outlet of the tankless heater (in the spec of the manufacturer; would probably require proof testing), I’m wondering if I could bet on that element of physics to push back a little water...
  5. Goglu

Would like to but unfortunately not possible.
  6. Goglu

Hi there, I like the idea and had consider creating an extended line (creating a radiator like system) prior to entering the unit but I read somewhere that even 100’ of 1/2 piping would only contain around 2 gallons of water. The holding tank could be a great idea if I had the space but...
  7. Goglu

Thanks for the reply Dana Yes, it came to mind that the flow against would be the challenge. I’ll need to brush up on the Bernoulli president principal as I was hoping I could increase pressure by changing the size of the pipe for that feed. Just a little warm water could help warming up the...
  8. Goglu

I purchased an EcoSmart 27kw system for a small home (2 bedroom 2 bathroom; 1 bath + 1 shower). Its winter in Canada up here, and its minus 20 degree C (-4F); so you can imagine water temperature coming in is very low (2-3C or 35-37F; I have yet to mesure it). My tankless heater is working...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks