Recent content by GoDillos

1. GoDillos

Check Valve on Hose Line

Alright guys - Thanks for the options. I think I need to quit over-complicating it and just use the screw on adapter. I'd think there would be a market for non-frost proof quarter turn hose bibb with integrated backflow preventer, but what do I know? Something like this with a vacuum breaker...
  2. GoDillos

Check Valve on Hose Line

Sweet Terry. I don't know how I missed that. Since I'm in California (as you can tell by the nice flag you gave me,) the frost free is completely unnecessary, but it may be the best option I'm going to get.
  3. GoDillos

Check Valve on Hose Line

I've successfully modulated flow with a 1/4 turn valve - just takes a little more finesse. With my pathetic water pressure, that's not going to be an issue anyway. And with the 2 seconds I save each time I turn on or off the hose with only a quarter turn, I'll have plenty of time to worry about...
  4. GoDillos

Check Valve on Hose Line

Hmmm ... are there any in line options I can use? I think those vacuum breakers that screw on to the bibbs look ridiculous.
  5. GoDillos

Check Valve on Hose Line

I'm about to install a new hose bib and want to use the 1/4 turn variety. However, I can't find any 1/4 turn valves with integrated backflow prevention. Can I just use add a normal check valve to the copper branch? Or, do I have to use an anti-siphon attachment specifically designed for hose...
  6. GoDillos

Hansgrohe Thermostatic Valve Pulsing

Thanks for the advice everyone. I cleaned the filter screens and the situation improved tremendously, but it still was not perfect. However, after a couple of showers, the problem has cleared up completely. So, great advice, but I can't quite shake the feeling the EuroPlumber is employed by...
  7. GoDillos

Hmmm ... some sediment in there is very possible. Water was pretty brown on the initial run. I thought I had flushed out all of the bread I used to stop the water while I soldered, but you never know. What would be the best way clean out the valve?
  8. GoDillos

Pretty sure nothing's reversed. The valve has a tab to prevent it from being installed upside down. Also, when I turn it all the way to hot, hot comes out and all the way to cold makes cold come out. Is it possible I just got a lemon? Hansgrohe is closed until Monday so it looks like I'm...
  9. GoDillos

I just installed a Hansgrohe Thermobalance I in a new shower. Everything works fine when the temperature is set to either the hot or cold ends of the spectrum. The problem is when it is set some where in the middle ... you know ... where people actually like to shower. The water flow pulses...
  10. GoDillos

Test Shower Arm?

Thanks for help, and sorry for the confusion. I'm installing a Hansgrohe Thermobalance I where the valve is actually part of the trim and is not supposed to be installed before the wall is finished. I *thought* the "rough-in" was just a hollow piece of brass and if I turned the water on there...
  11. GoDillos

Test Shower Arm?

I'm curious about how you go about testing the shower arm branch (??) before you seal up the wall. By that, I mean the pipe that goes from the shower valve to the shower head. It seems that there's no way to test without actually installing the valve in the rough in, and then removing it...
  12. GoDillos

Horizontal Vent Tee Orientation

I have to tie 2 vents together. The best place to do this is when they are running horizontally in the space between floors. There they will meet at a right angle. Ideally, I would use a "vent tee" for this, right? However, I couldn't find one at the big box store. Can I use a san tee...
  13. GoDillos

Where are cleanouts necessary?

Thanks SewerRatz. That makes sense about the lav drain, and it seems easy enough. So, I'll add that. Where would you suggest adding a cleanout for the toilet? I'm running into a little bit of access issues since it is so close to the foundation wall, and the crawlspace is really short over...
  14. GoDillos

Wow - thanks for all of the information so far! I tried to put together some pretty crude sketches of what I'm doing. Basically, I'm completely replacing 2 branches. I need to tie back into the "stubs" of the old branches because I don't have access to the main stack. It's in the foundation...
  15. GoDillos

Are there any easy rules about where you need to add cleanouts? I think I've got the whole drain/vent system planned in my bathroom remodel except for the cleanouts. Here's the general layout. Could anybody suggest where I should add the cleanouts? 3" toilet drain - runs 6' with 135 degree...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks