Recent content by gmt

1. gmt

Ariston 2.5GL gallon electric tank water heater

Are you talking about putting the w/h inline? I don't think that 2.5 gal w/h will do the trick. Not big enough... Tankless with a pump set up with an aquastat and / or timer would do the trick. As for noise? I can stand next to a grunfos recirc pump and never hear it. Look into the Takagi...
  2. gmt

Leaking Drain Body on Faucet Replacement

Yep, our biggest nightmare! Too many times that darn plastic cracks or something
  3. gmt

Leaking Drain Body on Faucet Replacement

Let me guess...You bought the faucet at a "Big Box Store".
  4. gmt

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

I agree. But many of the manufacturers have designed a respectable unit that is trouble free. Too many times Blowes and Home Sleazo have dictacted to the manufacturers how to cut costs and sell an inferior product. That is where the troubles begin.
  5. gmt

Whirlpool Flame Lock water heaters, reviews, troubleshooting, repair and support.

I now qualilfy my customers who want me to repair their water heater. I ask where they purchased it or what brand it is... If they say Whirlpool or Blowes I tell them good luck, sorry, you will have to call someone else to repair. I will not tie myself to this junk. If they want it replaced...
  6. gmt

Rinnai new LS94 model installation

One filter on the inlet side of the water heater. It is reusable. Like the above post recommends, have your water tested BEFORE installing the tankless. That price sounds fair...
  7. gmt

Rinnai new LS94 model installation

A few more details from the quote would be helpfull
  8. gmt

proper venting

What are the dimensions of the bathroom?
  9. gmt

Will this tub vent? Pic attached!

It'll vent... It will vent sewer gases inside the home. Where is the trap below the drain? I'm sure someone here has a picture to post of the proper way (I have nothing readily available)
  10. gmt

NORITZ Tankless Heater--water temp fluctuation

I assume that you can check on the output temperature at the Noritz. Have you tried flowing water at normal use and when the problem occurs check the output temperature. I am not sure about Noritz, but on Rinnai's we can get the outgoing temperature from the control pad. If the output temp...
  11. gmt

installing tankless with recirculating hot water

What type/ brand tankless w/h? What model recirc pump? Do you have a return line? Too many variables to address without more information...
  12. gmt

Another water pressure regulator question (from San Diego)

With the pressure regulator you have a closed system. When water is heated it expands thus increasing the pressure. As the post above states, you need to install a water heater expansion tank. With the tank installed on the cold side of the water heater, it will absorb any increase in pressure.
  13. gmt

Low HW pressure on Tankless System

I concur with the two posts above. Additionally, it may be undersized and is compensating for keeping the water temperature at the desired setting. Some of the units will restrict the flow in order for it to get the water warmed up to the required temperature.
  14. gmt

Tankless recirculation

That's pretty much it. Just go by the diagram (Noritz/ Rinnai) whatever and install the check valve where it says. My advise is to stick to one of the big three manufacturers...Rinnai, Noritz or Takagi. I believe all three have somewhat similar systems Good luck!
  15. gmt

Tankless recirculation

Here is one installation. It is installed as per Rinnai specs.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks