Recent content by Glnow

1. Glnow

Vespin II & Bemis NextStep seats

Hi, now it's my turn to deal with Toto's and Potty seats :confused: Any chance Toto has started making an integrated child potty seat? I've read that the Bemis molded wood lid (shown above) picks up stains very easily. Can anyone confirm? Looks like Kohler makes an all plastic one...
  2. Glnow

Good Resource to Compare Kitchen Appliances?

Hello, In the early stages of a kitchen remodel here and am looking for a reliable reviews on the various brands of appliances. Much like Terry Love for plumbing, or John Bridge for tiling, is there a definitive website for learning about appliance performance? Also, if anyone here has...
  3. Glnow

Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

Yeah I got used to it a long time ago, though it still gets annoying explaining exactly what you said above to visitors when they tell me I have a leak (can u believe, not everyone in the world reads toilet forums! I mean come on, what's wrong with these people :p ). I just got to wondering if...
  4. Glnow

Random question. Are current Guineveres, or other Totos that make use of the uni-fit, still prone to a dripping sound as soon as waste enters the bowl? No. The Unifit has been redesigned to be quiet now. Terry Love All of the threads that talk about this are a few years old, and there was...
  5. Glnow

Optimal Flange Height for Toto Unifit

Yes, I mis-understood. I apologize. Jim, thank you for the extra info on the Unifit.
  6. Glnow

How far on top? 1/8" 1/4" (measured from top of flange to top of floor)? I'd like to avoid having too much bend in the unfit when it's bolted down at the flange and then at the rear, i.e. if the flange it too high. Or is the bottom of the flange just supposed sit directly (contact) the floor...
  7. Glnow

Hi, I apologize in advance because I know this answer has been given in other threads, but what is the "sweet spot" closet flange height, relative to the finished floor, for the Unifit? Top of the flange even with the floor, bottom of the flange even with the floor, top of the flange 1/4"...
  8. Glnow

Reliable Angle Stops

A local plumbing supply outlet had Watts KwikStop (they didn't have Dahl) in the sizes I needed. They felt sturdy and the chrome looked good as well. How are these?
  9. Glnow

Reliable Angle Stops

Hi, Is there a preferred company that makes good, reliable angle stop valves? I'm putting in new ones on the toilet and under the vanity. I saw an older thread that mentioned the Brasscraft valves breaking and of course that is all they have at my local Home Depot. ;) Thanks, Greg
  10. Glnow

Pocket Door Behind a Shower Wall

Terry, Thank you very much for the warning, I will definitely avoid the flimsy big box store pocket door frames. (and I'm about 99% sure this aspect of the remodel is a no go) Jadnashua, Would you please clarify what you meant by making it out of regular 2x4s? Do you mean you added...
  11. Glnow

Pocket Door Behind a Shower Wall

Hi, To save space in small bathroom/bedroom I want to switch out the bathroom door with a pocket door, as part of whole bathroom remodel. It would need to slide behind the rear wall of the shower, opposite the side with all the plumbing. There isn't enough space to slide the door that...
  12. Glnow

Flange Questions - Please examine my pictures

#1, or Data, or Geordi yes, ...but Scotty?
  13. Glnow

Thanks! Just so I'm clear, you're referring to fudging the position of the uni-fit on the flange, correct? The floor tile is being replaced soon, so I'm going to have a chance to re-do the holes for the uni-fit. So this may work. Any idea how much play the uni-fit has on the flange? It's...
  14. Glnow

Quick Question about No-Hub

Understood. What type of clamping/strapping system should be used here? Sorry, I should say that I'm not going to do myself, it's beyond me and I'll be going with a pro. But this info will help me be sure it's being done correctly.
  15. Glnow

Quick Question about No-Hub

Whoops, many apologies for the confusion caused by the typo in my original post. Yes, I was checking to see if it was OK to have the no-hub union behind the finished wall and it sounds like that is allowed. Do I need to add some additional bracing to support the vent pipe when I cut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks