Recent content by gjunkie

1. gjunkie

Ongoing Stoppages

Adobe Illustrator. Far from the optimum tool, but it's what I have (story of my life LOL)
  2. gjunkie

Ongoing Stoppages

It's more fun doodling on the computer than crawling under the house. So, well, here I am. It turns out that I have more vertical "room" to deal with than I was expecting. So instead of a constant shallow slope from fixture to septic, I am going to have something more like the attached. My...
  3. gjunkie

Ongoing Stoppages

I opened the tank, and there is indeed a "sani-tee" baffle on the end of the pipe. I noticed that the incoming pipe is 3in, not 4in as I had previously thought. I have attached updated before and after diagrams, and an image of the existing baffle in the tank. So, questions: 1. Is it...
  4. gjunkie

Ongoing Stoppages

Thanks for the info. The exsting pipe is nowhere near perpendicular to the tank.. I don;t recall seeing a tee like what you describe when the tank was inspected (but my memory is terrible). I will take the lid off tomorrow and take better photos. what is the purpose of the baffle tee?
  5. gjunkie

Ongoing Stoppages

So it finally stopped raining, and I started digging. Good times. I feel pretty comfortable about this project, except for the actual connection of the new pipe to the septic tank. Looks like the existing pipe is mortared into place. Do I simply need to chip that mortar out and re-mortar my new...
  6. gjunkie

Ongoing Stoppages

I purchased my first home in September. We did not have any issues at first, but for the past month or so the main line has been getting clogged regularly (the drain cleaner is on his way out for the third time, and I have managed to clear the line myself a couple of times (hose/hand snake)...
  7. gjunkie

Leak somewhere, hot & cold mixed up somehow - mystery?

I'm a newb, but could these symptoms be explained by a hot water recirculation system (especially one that returns on the cold water line)?
  8. gjunkie

Adding laundry drain -- where?

Thanks for the reples. RE 3in pipe: Oops! Not sure where I got the idea I needed 3in pipe. I will use 2in. RE the vent connection: I will use a 2x1.5x2 sanitary tee. RE the main line connection: It is a 4in pipe, so I will connect at 90 degrees. RE the drunk plumber: Yeah, its a mess. I have...
  9. gjunkie

Adding laundry drain -- where?

We are adding a laundry room. I am trying to figure out how best to attach the drain to the existing convoluted plumbing. Hopefully my drawing is clear. The slope in the 4" lines is minimal. Is it OK to attach as I have pictured it? Basically with a wye at any convenient spot in the 4" drain...
  10. gjunkie

Leaking drain in fiberglass shower

Well, I ended up cutting the fitting out with a cutoff wheel. It took about 5 minutes to cut it in half. Sometimes the problems that stop me in my tracks end up having ridiculously simple solutions :)
  11. gjunkie

I have no reason to suspect that it is leaking around the drain. I don't know how to deal with the existing fixture though. If I don't remove it, what is the proper way to marry my 2in abs pipe to it?
  12. gjunkie

Thanks, that helps. At least now I know I am SUPPOSED to be able to remove it. I did not want to find that out after trying for 4 hours. :) There is not enough access to get a wrench near those lugs; I will try making a tool.
  13. gjunkie

Hi, I am a novice getting involved with a lot of plumbing projects in my first house. This forum is turning out to be an invaluable resource. Thanks for your efforts here! My latest issue: The ABS pipe literally fell out of the bottom of the shower the other day. It looks like it was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks