Recent content by Gimper

1. Gimper

Sump basin has no way for water to enter?!

The neighbor is actually her cousin. They do have a pump but it just couldn't keep up when it flooded. They do have drain tiles that drain into the sump. Unfortunately their house was a different builder---there are several builders in the neighborhood, but she doesn't know anybody that was...
  2. Gimper

The floor is indeed 4", with the tops of the knockouts being ~5.5" down, so they would be close to the bottom of the floor. I am going to put a union in the discharge line so I can pull the whole assembly out, but the pipe flexes and by unscrewing the pump switch from it's bracket I can move the...
  3. Gimper

Hi folks, I discovered a little while back that the sump pit in my girlfriend's house has no way for water to get into it. When I looked in there I figured the dirt in the bottom had come out of the tiles, but realized when she said that she had never heard it run that it was from construction...
  4. Gimper

Dual lav on 2" line - cleanout required?

Well a framing change has changed things for me slightly, but I think for the better (easier, at least) and I think that the 1.5" SJ coming straight out of the wall is sufficient as a cleanout for the 2" line. Anybody see any issues with this? Thanks, -Kris
  5. Gimper

Thanks for the reply Zack. I don't really see a need for a valve with a much shorter lifespan than joined piping, and suspect that they can't be used inside of a closed wall. They weren't legal in my last jurisdiction (UPC) so I've never looked into them much. Tieing the vent in isn't a big...
  6. Gimper

I'm working on my finishing my basement and am adding a dual lav, and was hoping to get a check of my plan and confirmation of the cleanout requirement. I've looked at all of the dual lav threads that I could find, and couldn't find a whole lot on the cleanout requirements other than some where...
  7. Gimper

Is this a wet vent? Is it allowed?

In reading 911.1-3, it seems to me that it allows/disallows the general situations as shown in the image below, but specifies only a vertical wet vent (as shown in the bottom right), not a horizontal wet vent as my situation would create.
  8. Gimper

Maybe I go with my revised plan and try to convince the inspector that it's a second lav. :D:rolleyes: It seems a shame that it would be fine if it was, but is not for a bar sink. But my better half has convinced me that it would be extremely rare that we actually use it and it's not likely...
  9. Gimper

Ha, I knew I must have been missing something obvious, but you're right---I read that plenty of times and didn't even think about it. That's a bummer because I'm sure it would work fine, especially for a sink that's hardly used. Any suggestions on the best course? What about the original...
  10. Gimper

I was lying in bed last night after posting when a realization hit me like a sack of potatoes. Can I just tie the wetbar drain into the shower vent, and make that a true wet vent? I think I was originally trying to avoid wet venting (probably since I've simply never done it as dry venting has...
  11. Gimper

I should've realized it was going to shrink my picture. Here's the layout as it's own file.
  12. Gimper

I'm working on the plans to finish our basement, and am thinking that it would be great to add a wetbar. There are existing stubouts for a shower, stool (under the air hockey table) and lav as can be seen in the attached pictures and drawing. I believe that the vertical line on the right in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks