Recent content by GilLennox

1. GilLennox

About to have the water heater replaced. Connection question.

You are correct. Any way, just want to share a little bit of information on rigid gas lines to water heaters. I had a small leak in the middle of winter and did not want to bother with potential several trips to the local store so I hired plumbers that came in and fixed the leak. They noticed...
  2. GilLennox

I will certainly conform to code. I am aware that they want solid gas lines to the water heater. I am not sure about the water lines so I assume will be the same but I will check. The local big name home remodeling stores all sell the gas and water flex lines for some reason.
  3. GilLennox

I appreciate all that have replied. I have done further research as well. Dielectric fittings were born out of the necessity of connecting steel to a copper water supply. I understand tanks come with dielectric fittings pre-installed on some models. I am hesitant to install (introduce) a...
  4. GilLennox

I have an older CraftMaster water heater we are looking to replace; it has been installed at least 23 years and I am ashamed to admit, I never maintained it such as drain flushing and replacing the anode rod periodically, yet it is still working well apparently. Though I suspect not as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks