Recent content by Giants_fan_in_PA

1. Giants_fan_in_PA

Utility sink install in basement.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll spend the money on another small basin. Can I tie the vents for the 2 basins together because I only have one pipe up from the basement through the roof.
  2. Giants_fan_in_PA

I wish. It's in the concrete under the shower into the basin. Thanks. I don't think it would hurt or not function. I'm just thinking about when the day comes that my wife sells the house afer I'm gone and runs into problems.
  3. Giants_fan_in_PA

I wish. It's in the concrete under the shower into the basin. No. It's under the concrete. I'm looking for a cheaper, easy solution. Again, I can buy an above ground basin/pump unit and tie into the above ground pipes. I'm trying to avoid a second pump/basin 2 feet from the existing one.
  4. Giants_fan_in_PA

Thank you for replying. I haven't purchased the sink yet. It's going to be 2 feet from the basin. Picture a typical ejector with 2 vertical pipes. Tie the sink drain into the vent pipe. That's the question I'm asking if that's OK.
  5. Giants_fan_in_PA

I'm adding a utility sink in my basement. To me, the best location is near the ejector basin that services the bathroom. I can easily buy an on the floor basin/pump combo and attach it to the waste pipe near the ceiling and vent stack. I wouldn't mind saving a few hundred dollars if I can do it...
  6. Giants_fan_in_PA

Terry Love- cancer update

WOW! This hit me hard. I came to this site 15+ years ago seeking answers to questions about finishing my basement. I came back 6 months ago asking more about my new home. I came back today to ask another question and saw this. I'm 59 and this hit me hard. Thank you Terry for being here to help a...
  7. Giants_fan_in_PA

Basement bath venting

Are you saying either is acceptable? Thanks
  8. Giants_fan_in_PA

Basement bath venting

The valve is just above the vent. Thanks for the feedback.
  9. Giants_fan_in_PA

Basement bath venting

Next question about the basement bathroom. The vent for the fixtures is horizontal 4 feet above the floor. I need to tie in the ejector pit. Should I vent up from below the horizontal pipe with a Tee or should I come up to the same level with a wye? Here's a picture. You can see the pit outside...
  10. Giants_fan_in_PA

PEX-A installation

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I guess I didn’t wait long enough for it to bounce back. I’m going to wait a couple of days in hopes of the rest of the connections tightening up. If I get desperate, I’ll try the heat gun.
  11. Giants_fan_in_PA

PEX-A installation

It rotated. It was one thing that I picked up watching installation videos.
  12. Giants_fan_in_PA

PEX-A installation

Rented a Dewalt cordless.
  13. Giants_fan_in_PA

PEX-A installation

Thank you for taking the time to post this.
  14. Giants_fan_in_PA

PEX-A installation

I talked about the builder because you brought up age of the home and warranty. Again, as a DIYer, I do this work over a couple of days. I can’t turn off the supply to the whole house during that time. I stub in a valve in each cold and hot supply so I can work downstream without having the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks