Recent content by ghaun

1. ghaun

Challenging Bath Vent

All, I have posted parts of this scenario in a few other threads, but I was hoping to tighten up my question within this new post. I am having trouble venting a tub within my bathroom. It is a free-standing tub in the middle of the floor. Please see the attached picture for my explanation. I...
  2. ghaun

Relief Vent a Trap Arm for a Fixture Drain serving as Wet-vent

Wayne and All, Given my updated DFU, would you still split it out separately? Either way, I will still have the vent at the right on the drawing. The question is whether it is purely an individual vent or also serving as a relief for both the shower and tub with just one drain vs two stacked...
  3. ghaun

Wayne, I had not seen that sizing for GPM for showers. That helps tremendously. I had estimated 15 GPM worst case. It would likely be more like 12. So, the 5 DFU is much better than I was estimating. I had planned on a 3" trap anyway, so that is good. That is one of the original reasons...
  4. ghaun

So, I realized that there was a part of my plan which I did not like. I had a common vent downstream to serve the shower and tub, before I planned on extending to the sink for the wet vent. That common vent would not work, as I would now have two fixtures on one arm. The shower was on the...
  5. ghaun

PlumbNuts, thank you. I am putting it into execution:) Thanks.
  6. ghaun

Wayne, I have thought some more about this and this horizontal offset is almost like a single stack system with an offset, except there is only one branch below and above. The vent to the left would be the offset vent. So the concept of horizontal wet-vent (the branches) to vertical to...
  7. ghaun

Wayne, perhaps I didn't understand your desire with the 22.5 / LT90. What were you suggesting? The slope of the pipe has to do with the amount of air space left relative to the weir of the trap. That is why I have both vents.
  8. ghaun

Wayne, Thank you! The white pipe at the top of the drawing is a vent pipe already in that position, so ultimately, I have to connect there. There is a cathedral ceiling and that is the only place that I can go up. To answer your other question with regard to the 22.5, etc. I could do a 22.5...
  9. ghaun

So, here is a slight modification which would allow for me to stay within a soffit and the floor joists without plowing through studs. From a physics standpoint, it seems fine. The horizontal vent for the tub is wet and is washed and the sink is also dry vented. Do the different drainage...
  10. ghaun

Slope for Trap Arm

In looking at the san-tee's, I believe that it has something to do with the greater curvature in 3" and 4" versions when entering the vertical, as compared to 2" and smaller, thus limiting the head-space in the pipe able to be used for venting.
  11. ghaun

Slope for Trap Arm

Jeff, I completely agree. It is just strange how the requirements for trap arm length are not consistent. For a 2 in pipe, they consider the arm at a length of being completely full; though, for the 3" and 4", they want half full. Is that chart saying that a trap arm for a 3" pipe must be...
  12. ghaun

All, I am hoping that you can help me with a scenario. In order to wet-vent a tub, I have a vanity sink which would be pressing the length of its trap arm. Is it possible to relief vent that trap arm, so that the vertical wet-to-dry for the wet vent is still present for the tub? Due to floor...
  13. ghaun

Wet vent without the dry vented fixture

Wayne, Thank you. I think that I will likely go with something like this in the attached diagram. Thoughts?
  14. ghaun

Wayne, My concern is that when going to a horizontal, I introduce another turbulent flow which can block the vent from the waste. I think that is why it has to go vertical. I think that my original diagram would work, but I am not sure if the code would allow it. The vanity would have a dry...
  15. ghaun

Wayne, thank you. So, I thought that once the wet-vent portion of a horizontal wet-vented bath went vertical, it could not go horizontal again. Is that not the case?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks