Recent content by Gerri

1. Gerri

Touch Down Drain Stuck

Hi ImOld, Yea, I'm really in VA. Messing with it because it's driving me nuts how it won't budge:) I've tried everything I could think of to slip under to release it, but nothing is thin enough. It doesn't drain at all. Man, it's a tight fit. Can't use pliers. There's nothing to grab on to...
  2. Gerri

Touch Down Drain Stuck

Hi Smooky, Replacing it is the only option. How do I remove it? Thanks, Gerri
  3. Gerri

Touch Down Drain Stuck

Hi hj, It this one http://www.danze.com/1-1/4-metal-tou...mbly/da505918/. Thanks.
  4. Gerri

Touch Down Drain Stuck

You're right, Reach. It's Danze & came with the faucet. I pushed down, but didn't turn. There's not much play in it to turn. Thanks!
  5. Gerri

Touch Down Drain Stuck

In my previous post I called the drain the wrong name--duh. Sorry. That tells you how little I know about plumbing. It's a touch down drain that's stuck closed. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks, Gerri
  6. Gerri

Manual Pop-Up Drain Stuck--Help, please

Any advice on how to free a manual, push down sink pop-up drain? It's stuck. I've tried a thin knife, but it's a tight fit. Hoping there's a tool or trick of the trade. Thanks, Gerri
  7. Gerri

Delta VS Moen

Thanks, Terry. No hard water problem here, but do have old pipes. Grateful for your forum. I've learned so much here.
  8. Gerri

Delta VS Moen

My plumber is against Delta stating their valves are cheap & problematic. He prefers Moen. Need your help, please, to convince my husband that Delta is a better choice. Thanks!
  9. Gerri

Newbie Needs the Experts. Mixing brands on shower valves.

Delta customer service said their stainless is a nickel finish & their version of nickel. Um, really? Not buying that story. Then why do they also have a darker brushed nickel finish? Odd that they offer more in their stainless than in nickel. Hard to imagine that's a more popular one.
  10. Gerri

Thanks, Jim. Appreciate everyone's help.
  11. Gerri

So, I just need to purchase a valve & separate trim in the finish I want? From Delta's site brushed nickel looks darker than stainless. Have you installed Brillance Stainless? I need your catalog:) Thanks, hj.
  12. Gerri

Yes, I've been searching online. Will go with one handle since it's a total remodel. Thanks, jimbo.
  13. Gerri

So, I just need to purchase the valve & separate trim in the finish I want? Hard to tell from Delta's site the difference between their brushed nickel & stainless. BN looks darker. Have you installed Brillance Stainless? I need your catalog:) Thanks, hj! (Apologies for the dulplication...
  14. Gerri

Correction. Delta offers no nickel finishes (other than polished) for a shower only. I don't need a tub valve. Disappointing selection. Sorry, I meant brushed nickel. I'll check out Moen Posi-Temp. Thanks, all!
  15. Gerri

Delta seems to be the preferred shower valve here & I defer to those who know best. Problem is that Delta doesn't make one in statin nickel to match my remodel & only offers two nickel products that I don't like. Hard to believe such a popular brand has so few options. Should I buy the Delta...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks