Recent content by George R

1. George R

What type of insulation under new laundry room "closet?"

Thanks Jim for the reminder regarding fire codes. 5/8" fire resistant drywall and firestopping are on my shopping list. I still don't know how to install the insulation between the garage floor and the new laundry room floor. Obviously I could pack the whole 15" space with fiberglass, but...
  2. George R

What type of insulation under new laundry room "closet?"

I plan to build a small laundry room "closet" off of an existing kitchen. Stacked washer/dryer. The space will be approximately 3'x5' and will jut out into the existing garage.The plan is to build a "deck" out over the garage floor, since the garage floor is 15" lower than the existing kitchen...
  3. George R

Can an in-wall carrier be raised to ADA height?

Thanks guys for the responses. My main question was answered, CAN the carrier be raised. I"ll let her see the responses and she will decide. Sounds like both options will be difficult. There is apparently quite a bit of the original tile behind the (upgraded) vanities, which could maybe be...
  4. George R

Can an in-wall carrier be raised to ADA height?

A relative recently purchased a home. It contains 2 Eljer wall mount toilets. These are fitted with Eljer 1.6 gpf tanks with PF/2 Energizer power flush units. She is generally pleased with the toilets, however, the problem is she wants (needs) a bowl that is higher. The house is approximately...
  5. George R

Bin Laden Joke

There is a new cocktail sweeping the country. It's called the Bin Laden. It consists of two shots and a splash.:D
  6. George R

Glenwall Pressure Assisted Wall-Mounted Toilet

Did you even read (and understand) HJ's response? Geesh.
  7. George R

Which Zoeller Sump Pump?

rdgallo, I can't really help you with regard to the correct pump to buy, I'll leave that to the pros. However, anyone can purchase a Zoeller sump pump at Kimpling Ace Hardware in Washington IL. This is the most "DIY friendly" plumbing supply house in your (our) area.
  8. George R

Which panasonic bathroom fan?

You could also simply convert your old single box (inside the door), to a double box and wire it such that both lights (vanity and new light) come on with the single light switch on your new quad setup. In my opinion this would give a much neater and more professional look. If you do it this...
  9. George R

over-the-range microwave ovens. Yeah or Nay?

I have an Amana Radarange fan/microwave that is about 9 yrs old and not externally vented. The fan seems to work just fine, but it is terribly noisy and has been since new. We tend to not use it very often because of the noise (even on the low settting). I would see if you could give a listen...
  10. George R

Gas dryer Vent

Gary, I'm not sure I would recommend sheet metal screws. It sure seems like a big "lint catcher" to me. I would recommend just using "foil" tape or duct tape to secure the connections. But otherwise, I agree with both you and Jim.
  11. George R

Question re:toilet flange

Notch the tile Alan, don't worry about drilling thru the tile after it is set. Just use your tile saw to notch the tile where the three screws will penetrate, BEFORE laying the tile. It's much easier and you don't risk cracking an already set tile. Some floor tile can be extremely hard to drill.
  12. George R

Panasonic bathroom fan grill not flushed to ceiling.

HA! No, I don't have any tricks up my sleeve. I just used a ladder and a flashlight. Sorry:(
  13. George R

Panasonic bathroom fan grill not flushed to ceiling.

Brian, I don't know if this is relevant or not. I had a Broan/Nutone unit that did exactly what yours did, flush on 3 corners and a big gap on the 4th corner (about 1/4 in). By careful observation I was able to determine that there was a very small portion of the raised area of the grill...
  14. George R

Who is KCPL trying to protect?

Good Lord leejosepho, give this thread a rest. Why do you insist on arguing with a highly qualified electrician like BrianJohn. With every response, you appear to make yourself more ignorant than in your previous response. Fiskar pruning shears are meant to cut branches, not electrical...
  15. George R

turing a toilet 90 degrees

Do you plan on moving that toilet supply line? If not you are going to have a pretty funky looking install.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks