Recent content by GarytheWaterGuy

1. GarytheWaterGuy

Max distance between Fleck 7000 valve and Brine tank?

Yes, 15 feet is no problem, can even be on a different floor if necessary.
  2. GarytheWaterGuy

Removing Salt Clog from Water Softener

GarytheWaterGuy submitted a new resource: Removing Salt Clog from Water Softener - How to Remove a Salt Clog from Your Water Softener Read more about this resource...
  3. GarytheWaterGuy

Removing Salt Clog from Water Softener

With the pure salt pellets most of us are now using for our water softeners we have noticed a new problem that occurs fairly often. When the salt gets wet often without being used up the salt begins to bind together. Over time the salt forms a solid mass at the bottom of the salt tank which...
  4. GarytheWaterGuy

Removing Anode from Hot Water Tank causes buildup in bottom?

|I understand that there may be some flakes of rust from the inside of the tank and maybe some sediment but since there is a water softener in use I cannot see how there would be any significant deposits on the heating element as a result of only removing the anode.
  5. GarytheWaterGuy

Average usage between Softner and Utility bill way off

Each time your water softener regenerates it uses about 70- 80 gallons of water that would not be recorded by the water softeners meter. Likely that is the primary source of the discrepancy.
  6. GarytheWaterGuy

Removing Anode from Hot Water Tank causes buildup in bottom?

A customer who was getting sulphur smell from their (rental) hot water tank and had their anode replaced with an Aluminum anode (instead of zinc, which I recommended) and ended up getting discoloration from their water. So they complained and the company that rented them the hot water tank...
  7. GarytheWaterGuy

Who to buy a softener from?

Great advice, ditttohead! But it is true that there are several very good local companies that also sell online and provide quality products, support and great service.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks