Recent content by Galaxieman

1. Galaxieman

Goulds J15s shaft seal leak....

Any idea where I could get some good instructions on the procedure to replace the seal?
  2. Galaxieman

Goulds J15s shaft seal leak....

My home water system is powered by a Goulds J15s (5 years old, 1.5 HP, shallow well jet pump ). The well is about 50 ft deep and everything works fine. Recently noticed a slow leak at the rear of the pump housing. A drip about every 10 seconds. The pump is located outdoors, so the water...
  3. Galaxieman

Eliminating BYPASS function on Autotrol Softener ?

My system: Autotrol Series 255 Valve with Logix 740 controller I would like to completely defeat the BYPASS function on my water softener. In normal operation the Autotrol sends untreated water to the house during regen. When regen is in progress I want NO water to be available to the house...
  4. Galaxieman

Flexible Line on Well Pump Discharge?

Reach 4, Yes, the pressure switch is at the tank. I already learned, the hard way, about that.....
  5. Galaxieman

Valveman, '1" poly in 160# rating'? Is it connected at the ends with barbed fittings? Where would I get it? Brand names? Thanks.... The total length would be about 10 feet
  6. Galaxieman

The line from my well pump to pressure tank has many bends (1 1/2 HP Goulds with 1 inch discharge). I would like to install a 'flexible' line here instead of standard schedule 40 PVC. Can anyone suggest a product that would be good here. Max standing pressure is 75-100 psi. Use is on home...
  7. Galaxieman

Dishwasher Drain Hookup Question.....

Thanks for your response 'jadnashua'.... you wrote: "The DW needs to be before the trap, and the easiest way to install it is like it is now." I understand that the DW drain hookup needs to be before the trap. The problem with the install as 'it is now' is that the top of the DW tailpiece...
  8. Galaxieman

I guess, since I did not get any response, that my question was too dumb or maybe not clear enough.... Let me try to make it a little clearer with a picture.... This is a shot of my kitchen sink plumbing currently. We have the dishwasher on the other side of the wall in a ‘temporary’...
  9. Galaxieman

I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel. The old setup: Old sink was a dual bowl type. There are two 1 1/2 inch drain connections in the wall (to my septic tank). The sink’s right bowl drain was connected only to the right sewer connection through a normal trap with 1 1/2 inch PVC. The sink’s...
  10. Galaxieman

HELP! Disappearing/Corroded iron pipe plugs on a Gould's Pump

Porky...thanks...that explains it! I guess I am lucky that the iron plugs lasted 12 years! BTW, from your South Florida experience, will BRASS be OK instead of pvc? Thanks....
  11. Galaxieman

PVC sounds like a good idea....would I be able to get Schedule 80 pvc plugs at Home Depot/Lowes or are they a 'specialty' item? Should I replace ALL the plugs in the pump, including the primer plug, with PVC? And...what do you mean by "Look at your old gate valves."? Thanks....
  12. Galaxieman

I have a 50 foot drinking water well. The pump is a 1.5 hp Gould’s Pump (Model Number: J15S). The serial number of the pump is J9910598, so maybe it was made in 1999? Anyway, this pump has run flawlessly since I installed it new, about 10 year ago. Recently I noticed a slow seeping leak...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks