Recent content by g37guy

1. g37guy

Toto 550 Pipe Threads versus the Old Shut Off Valve

Used a male Sharkbite with the PEX insert removed screwed into the Toto valve. Works perfectly. I couldn't move the supply line behind the Toto because there's a vent in the wall where it would need to go. That's why I used the Toto extension kit. There has to be a market for nipples to go...
  2. g37guy

The Brass Craft valve with the compression fitting has been on the pipe for 16 years. I'm converting over to the Toto. What I'm looking for is a nipple like this from Watts (see pic), but instead of tapered fittings on both ends, tapered threads on one end for the Toto, and compression threads...
  3. g37guy

I'm installing the 550 with the extension kit THU9202 where the Toto shutoff valve sits outside the 550 unit instead of behind it. I took off the old water shut off valve (1/2" copper pipe with a compression ring and nut), and noticed that the threads on the Toto pipe are larger/coarser. It...
  4. g37guy

Waxless Seal for Toto Neorest 550? - Or stick with Wax?

I used a Sani-Seal. It worked great.
  5. g37guy

Waxless Seal for Toto Neorest 550? - Or stick with Wax?

Hi Terry, All, I went to reuse my Fluidmaster seal on the 550, and it will not easily (or even not easily) slip onto the 550's plastic opening. (See pic). Locally I think I can only get the Sani Seal waxless seal, or I'd have to order online to try the Fernco one. Any thoughts on this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks