Recent content by fsrph

1. fsrph

Changed Flapper - Toilet tank still losing water - any ideas why?

An update. Still didn't fix the problem yet but getting closer. Tried soaking the flapper (Korky red flapper) in hot water and that helped slow the water loss. Then I tried an experiment. After a flush when the tank was filled I shut off the water supply. Placed a 1 lb stone on top of the...
  2. fsrph

That's was very observant of you. There was a small amount of water in the tank this morning - right up to the bottom edge of the flush valve. I kept the toilet water supply off most of the day and the tank water level did not decline further. Francis
  3. fsrph

First of all thanks to everyone for your help. The toilet water supply was off all night and the tank is empty this morning. I tried to remove the black edge that was placed around the edge of the flush valve but it was very solidly attached. I'll try again later but I don't think I can get it...
  4. fsrph

I inadvertently left out some info in my original post. When I look at the flush valve it isn't level. The back of the value is noticeably higher than the front. Don't know if this is important or not. Francis
  5. fsrph

I did know toilets are a big source of water loss but wasn't aware of your numbers. I read about a fill valve that will only add water after a flush. Called Leak Guard or something like that. Maybe I could use that to save water? Francis
  6. fsrph

The tube from the fill valve is held by a clip to the top of the overflow tube. There is no water coming out of this tube. Francis
  7. fsrph

If I leave the water off for say 10-12 hours the tank will be virtually empty. I assume many, if not most, here are plumbing professionals. I am not but can do simple repair jobs by following instructions. I read the guide from Home Depot on how to replace the flush valve and tank to bowl...
  8. fsrph

I noticed the fill valve in my toilet was making a bubbling sound near the top. Though it had a leak. Also the fill valve was coming on occasionally to add a few inches of water to the tank. I replaced the fill valve and that's working fine. However, the new fill valve is still coming on...
  9. fsrph

Sink trap - making 1 1/4 inch connection 1 1/2 inch

Pictures added. No broken piece of pipe. The nut was broken on the far side of the p-trap. In order to install a metal p-trap I need to slide the nut on the far side of the pipe that goes into the wall. The pipe is attatched to the wall. I have no way to slide the nut on. The nus had to be put...
  10. fsrph

Pictures added. No broken piece of pipe. The nut was broken on the far side of the p-trap. In order to install a metal p-trap I need to slide the nut on the far side of the pipe that goes into the wall. The pipe is attatched to the wall. I have no way to slide the nut on. The nus had to be put...
  11. fsrph

I planned to do what you suggested but was unable to proceed. The nut where the trap pipe enters the wall was broken. I can't put the nut on unless I somehow remove the pipe going into the wall to slip it on. This is how I came to use the "cheap" solution as it was the only way. I'd much rather...
  12. fsrph

I received a reply from the manufacturer (se below) that this product connects to the sink by 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch connection but the outflow is for 1 1/2 inch pipe. THey recommended an adapter to make it work. "The FT-150 is made to connect 1 ¼ or 1 ½ sink drain to 1 ½ drain pipe. Your...
  13. fsrph

Good thought but the package was sealed and it looked new. Are you saying BOTH ends of the product are set up for 1 1/4 inch pipe? Because mine definetly is not. Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks