Recent content by FredC

1. FredC

Silt Problem passes filter

Filters I do not have ball valves on the in and out side. I have one ball valve on the output side of the bladder tank that we turn off when we change filters. I have a GE large cannister filter 5 micron carbon filter mounted before the softener and the the pipe runs inside the house. I...
  2. FredC

Silt Problem passes filter

I have a silt problem..Fine sand.. I live in North Texas and have a 175 ft well with a a 1 HP submerssible that puts out 17 GPM (measured) and passes through an wel-X-trol 300 bladder tank. We used to get silt in the back of the toilet tanks but that pretty much cleared itself when I added a...
  3. FredC

Installing compression fittings for PE gas pipe

Moving along slowly but another question Just tightened one fitting onto the end of the PE. Seemed to work fine? I am planning on putting another Compression fitting on the end of the PE pipe roll and capping one end off so I can put my pressure gage rig on and test check before putting it...
  4. FredC

Installing compression fittings for PE gas pipe

I am installing some PE gas pipe for propane service and have some compreeion fittings to connect the poly to balck pipe and need to know if ther is any special tricks to installation. I am running about 130 feet of 3/4" poly from the tank to the house and then back underground to a fireplace...
  5. FredC

Where to buy Flexcon

If you change the pipe where you have somne capacity, move the tank into the garage.
  6. FredC

Polyethylene gas pipe

I am considering running about 140 ft of pipe for a propane feed to the house from a 500 gal tank. One regulator at the tank will be set approximately 10 PSI at the tank then a second regulator at the house will be about 14" water column attached to 1 1/4" balck pipe to feed the house. I need...
  7. FredC

Where to buy Flexcon

Pipe size As everyone has stated, you need to th eGPM that pump is putting out on that well. That can be done real easy using a 5 gal bucket, a ball valve, some PVC coming off the pump, and a watch with a second hand. Looked at your pics, this is something you can do in an hour .for about...
  8. FredC

Floor truss question

I-joists I joists are considerably stronger than 2X lumber because loads must shear the laminates rather than overcome the fiber bending strees of a homgeneous piec of lumber. Their real advantage is not that of increased load capacity but rather the increased span length you can utilize. The...
  9. FredC

pressure pumps

Try this reference before selecting anything. Irrigationtutorials.com check out the section on country bumpkin water. This will lead you step by step through the lake house irrigation. In answer to your 1st question, you do not need a bladder tank for the system. On a sprinlker system you...
  10. FredC

Pipe for exterior gasline

Gas under deck Under my elevated wood deck in Georgia the gas company used copper on the that attached to the underside of the joist, away from the nailing surface. About 3 feet from the end, a flexible poly line with 2 compressor like fittings that came with the grill we bought was attached...
  11. FredC

How many hose bibs

The B scenario is best. If you check DIY they'll do a design in a day on line or any of the sprinkler mfg's will fix you up with free mail in design. A great help is irrigationtutorials a .com site on the web. This is a good read, check it out before you start, it will be worth a saturday...
  12. FredC

Controller recommendations

Craniac, I am an engineer homeowner that just designed his own 30 station system to irrigate 2.5 acres of lawn. Your Irritrol is top quality, but industry favorite is the Hunter. AT six stations you have multiple choices from Orbit, Toro, Rainbird, and a host of others, but the standard is...
  13. FredC

Gas Pipe Testing

Assumptions Got Nailed Thank you for your input, but did you mean I do not need to do any further testing, and please do not be so quick to assume I am trying to avoid an inspection. I am looking for advice before I call the propane company who will test my system to the regulations. The...
  14. FredC

Gas Pipe Testing

For the Pro's on line I have recently installed about 115 feet of 1 1/4" black pipe with 3/4' stub outs to my furnaces, stove water heaters and other accessories in my home and need to understand proper testing before getting the propane tank. I built and attached a test rig with a shrader...
  15. FredC

Furnace quotes-BTU question

I had all the same questions a few years ago when AC & furnace went K-put after addinga an addition. I had a 2200 sq ft, 2 story with a 600 sq ft addition and 2 new vent legs off the trunk and a finished basement in Tenn. Originally had a 125K BTU, low efficiency gas furnace. Although my AC...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks