Recent content by frankrue

1. frankrue

Newbie with a strange well situation—options, please?

Yes, that's essentially half of what my local guy is saying (hydrogen peroxide injection), though he recommends the Centaur filter afterward to collect the oxidized, elemental sulfur. I can probably size, purchase, and install the equipment myself (not the Kinetico brand), but I want to know...
  2. frankrue

So I had three different Water Treatment folks come out. Two were from big companies (Culligan Franchise and Kinetico), but the other was a local who also drills wells. I was able to get a consensus that wells in that area typically have a sulfur problem—and it's a hydrogen sulfide gas problem...
  3. frankrue

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure of the material of the casing, as I'm, frankly, afraid to go down to find out. :) I'll have a guy there on Thursday who will take a look—we'll find out more then, and he's a water quality tech, so he'll also be testing the quality of the water on a...
  4. frankrue

I have been reading a great deal about filtration systems, well water maintenance, shocking, the different possible contaminants in well water, and so on. I feel incredibly smart but, unfortunately, I realize that I have no idea what I'm talking about, let alone what I should be doing. That...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks