Recent content by Foster Scribner

1. Foster Scribner

Stained whole house filter cartridge

Nothing is added to the well. We went through a period about 6 months ago with a lot of rust particles, some rather large, caught in the sediment filter. That has cleared up. The filter will gradually change color once replaced and the housing cleaned. After one week, it looks as it always...
  2. Foster Scribner

I did find the lab report from when the pump was replaced, but that has been almost 16 years. The Hardness was 42 gpg and still is according to a Hatch 145300 test. The iron at the time was 1.6 ppm. I do not have a problem with iron in the house. Drinking water is good and all fixtures and...
  3. Foster Scribner

I am using a string wound 10” x 2.5” in a U25 housing.
  4. Foster Scribner

Thanks for responding....I should get a second pressure gauge to see if there is an increased pressure drop but disabled @73 yrs old I can’t get it done. I do change the sediment filter now every 4 weeks. Don’t know if it needs it performance wise....it surely needs it looks wise.....the...
  5. Foster Scribner

Here is my setup from my well: 50 micron spin down filter - whole house 5 micron rust and sediment filter - water softener - charcoal taste and odor filter. 42 gig hardness and Ithink 3 ppm iron as it has been awhile since it was tested. Just in the last two months the inside of the clear...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks