Recent content by Ford2001

1. Ford2001

water softener

Yes I read some of the water softener thread repiy posts. I have hard water coming into my house. I also have an electric storage hot water heater. My softener just up and quit have I am thinking I should do without it. Can someone out there help tell if the softener would help the...
  2. Ford2001

Installing Ceiling Fan Box and Pulling Romex

Does your ceiling come with that pop corn finish. Switch boxes are rate in cubic inches. A # 14 wire is rated at 2.00 C.I. A # 12 wire is rated at 2.25 C.I. The switch is 2 x the C.I. rating of one individual conductor. This food for thought is your trying to do this under the...
  3. Ford2001

Washer hookup electrical outlet box

freezer on GFCI One begs the question, why not use a cord set with a grounding conductor, plug into a grounded receptacle. Was not the grounding conductor inside the cord set place there to shunt the leakage current away from the freezer metal parts that would come in contact with the home...
  4. Ford2001

Ceiling fan running slow

Blah 204, I read your post wrong. Did you run a three wire cable to the ceiling fan with light kit. That goes, black, red, white, bare copper ground. Are you sure the dimmer which control's the ceiling fan light kit, is wired to the correct wire, that feed the lights. It easy to get cross...
  5. Ford2001

hj I agee with you, about "false trips". But if the DIY was to hire a license sparky in his area to do this work, he would have to install to the current electrical being enforce in this DIY area. The DIY could change out the GFCI after the sparky leaves.
  6. Ford2001

cement floor paint, etec.

Home Depot floor finish Thanks jimbo for your reply to my question.
  7. Ford2001

He could install a GFCI receptacle for the washer. But depending on the code, its not a legal requirement.
  8. Ford2001

Grounded Armored Cable?

Speedy Petey answer was very good. I would just add, If the amored cable is not a good grounding conductor, install GFCI duplex receptacles. This is an opinion on mine. Replacing the old BX cable is better, if you have the funds to do this.??
  9. Ford2001

Suggestions plz-electrical layout in kitchen

If you can, I would suggest, using #14 for just the light circuit, underneath you upper cabinets, if you don't go low voltage. If much easier to work with. Refrigerator on its own individual circuit. I your local code doesn't require AFCI or GFCI breaker is the kitchen area. than don't use...
  10. Ford2001

Electrical Motor

The breaker may be the cause of your problem. Old breaker, don't handle the inrush current well, check to see if a HACR type should work. Read the motor name plate, and use the breaker they call for.
  11. Ford2001

How do I install an old work box?

Did you get any instruction on how to installed this luminaire. If so following the instructions. The other's have given you good advice. True, not all luminaires need to attach to a fixture box. Work safe, and good luck with this project.
  12. Ford2001

Ceiling fan running slow

You don't use slide dimmer for ceiling/paddle fans, their used for lighting. Buy a control that made for ceiling/paddle fan. Ask a store clerk for help.
  13. Ford2001

cement floor paint, etec.

I was visiting the local Home Depot store in my state, and was wonder what they used over the concert floor. to seal it. Does anyone on this forum know? THANKS!
  14. Ford2001

Old Existing G.E. Circuit Breaker Panel

Homeline breaker in a G.E. panel rmelo99 to your reply to my thread Didn't know, that why I put this thread in. Thanks for your answer. Now I know they will not work.
  15. Ford2001

Old Existing G.E. Circuit Breaker Panel

Can and would you use QO SD Homeline circuit breaker in a G.E. panel. The panel has a 100 amp. main disconnect. The breakers in the G.E. panel are only going to be temporary, during the contruction stage. After which, a new panel will be installed in a new location, with the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks