Recent content by Footman_75

1. Footman_75

Blocked supply line.

Is it possible for the scale in unsoftened water lines to break loose and clog a water line? Doing some renovation where old copper was cut and replaced with PEX. Thinking that the cutting etc might have helped scale to break off and then travel downstream. When line is opened at faucet...
  2. Footman_75

Uncovered a narrow wet vent

hj, thanks for the quick reply. Kinda what I was thinking too. Cheers
  3. Footman_75

Uncovered a narrow wet vent

Hi all, In Ontario, and just acquired a property. Removed a basement ceiling and discovered a wet vent installation that I don't think is quite up to code. Wet vent is 1-1/2 ABS. Wet vent drains a washing machine stand pipe located on main floor. This is the only fixture upstream of wet...
  4. Footman_75

This isn't 1/2

My helper severed the valve. Before that I noticed it was the type I often see on older copper lines. Plastic oval shaped handle. Didn't see threads. But may have overlooked. Until the part where I tried sliding the shark bite on, I thought it was copper. Anyhow, I will take pic tomorrow. Will...
  5. Footman_75

This isn't 1/2

Hi all, it's been a while since I have posted here. Hope everyone is doing alright. Just picked up another property. Removed a toilet, the supply valve was leaking so I shut off water, cut valve, and was about to slide on a sharkbite cap..... The supply pipe was a hair bigger OD than the cap...
  6. Footman_75

SHOWER BASE: Redgard + tile

Thanks for the advice, Jim.
  7. Footman_75

SHOWER BASE: Redgard + tile

Hi folks, I'm about to tile a shower base. The base consists of a Schluter/KERDI styrofoam tray and drain system. No Kerdi membrane. On top of the styro tray there is a skim of mortar and then 3 coats of Redgard. QUESTION: Should a skim coat of mortar get applied on top of the Redgard...
  8. Footman_75

Cultured Marble onto Redgard?

Heard back from CBP. They say if you want to apply onto Redgard any adhesive other than thin set, to do the following: Apply a skim coat of Speed Finish Patching & Finishing Compound onto the RG then apply adhesive onto skim coat.
  9. Footman_75

Great info. Thx.
  10. Footman_75

I purchase, update, and maintain small income properties that are in disrepair. So it is my property, not my home. Definitely interested in doing this job right. Last time I used CM I had the fabricator do the install. He used PL as adhesive. He did a terrible job on the installation...
  11. Footman_75

Of course. My assumption was there would be silicone in the seams. But, as you say, they could just as well bond the seams using the very same polymer as the material itself. Thanks.
  12. Footman_75

Jim, are you familiar with Georgia-Pacific's DensShield? Spotted it at the hardware store. Looks like it might offer adequate moisture resistance and surface adhesion while reducing Redgard usage to joints only. Thanks again for the input.
  13. Footman_75

Contacted them earlier. Still waiting on a response. In the meantime, thought I'd check with folks here. Thanks
  14. Footman_75

Hi all, I'm installing cultured marble walls in a shower remodel. Two questions: 1) What do people use to mount CM? 100% silicone? PL 700? 2) I'd like to mount the CM onto a Redgard-sealed plywood. Any thoughts on this idea? I understand Terry is a proponent of mounting CM directly onto...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks