Recent content by FMcCracken

1. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

2. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

3. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

When 4 and 6 are taped, 4 terminal is 120 and 6 is 0.9.
  4. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

4 is marked as P2 for Burner circuit 6 is marked as Burner
  5. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

1+2=120 1+3=120 - this is because 2 and 3 are bridged 1+4=120 1+5=1.5 1+6=0.1
  6. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

Loose wires are for the make-up water not hooked up. That’s next and shouldn’t impact this issue.
  7. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

More info : Thermostat wires (2) are wirenutted to the wire pair coming from the aquastat and go to a transformer - R and G terminals. When I flip the burner emergency switch to provide power, the transformer clicks once, strong.
  8. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

Thank you for the reply. I have the same instructions. Came with the part. Here’s the rub. This boiler was performing very well for 8 years. I wired the new parts the same way as the original parts. I don’t understand why it fired up 4 days ago but won’t fire today. Thermostat wires are wired...
  9. FMcCracken

Boiler Stuck On Standby

Boiler was working this morning and for the past 8 years. Now the controller reads Standby. No other activity. Primary Controller Honeywell R7284 P1080 on STANDBY Software Version 19 TT On, Limit Open, Cad Cell 999999 Ohms Cad Cell Last Cycle 426 Ohms Last 10 Cycles 398 ohms...
  10. FMcCracken

Regulating Hot Water Temperature and Aquastat ?!?

There is a dedicated return line. Return line mixes with the cold water feed before it returns to the HWH. Circulation pump works. No check valve on return line prior to the cold water connection. New aquastat installed - Johnson/ Penn A421. Sweet unit. I have set a cut-in at 100* and a...
  11. FMcCracken

Regulating Hot Water Temperature and Aquastat ?!?

I manage 4 townhouses which have identical plumbing systems/ layouts. So, if a problem comes up in one unit, there's a good chance that it's bound to come up in the others. This solution can potentially be applied to each of the 4 townhouses, which are only 5 years old. One client is telling...
  12. FMcCracken

Burnham Boiler Pauses Making Hot Water

Would a TACO 5003 Mixing Valve be better/ best? Frankie
  13. FMcCracken

Tankless water heater supplies 4.00 GPM. Heated water is connected to a Watts LFN170 tempering valve. F
  14. FMcCracken

Pics tomorrow. Unit is 5 years old. Never cleaned. Fed by city water. F
  15. FMcCracken

We have a Burnham MegaSteam Boiler MST629. It provides steam to radiators and hot water to 3 full bathrooms. There is no recirculating pump. The wait for hot water really isn't that bad. Boiler kicks in 20 seconds after a hot water is turned on and stays on as long as the valve is open. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks