Recent content by FLJeff

1. FLJeff

Bathroom Remodel DWV Layout

I measured the slope on the shower trap arm and it was indeed sloped the wrong way - At 1/2" per foot to boot! The 3" part of the system was just barely 1/4" per foot in the right direction. It makes me wonder if during the original construction they ran out of space for slope and just fudged...
  2. FLJeff

I didn't even notice the 1-1/2" section! Even worse. The extra concrete had to go because I needed room for the new branch. It needs to go to the wall with enough room left over to run the vent line before I get to the in-wall toilet framing. I did a little extra because I was so close to...
  3. FLJeff

Digging Deeper I went ahead and removed more concrete to expose the rest of the shower drain pipe. It was a pain as the pipe passed right through the middle of a corner area of the foundation footer. You can see the exposed re-bar in the photos. I guess now we know where the trap was hiding...
  4. FLJeff

Yes, a wall mount toilet. I wasn't sure about the vent after the toilet. hj says it is pointless, I can see why that would be. So the extra vent really buys me nothing at all? I guess I understand the rules for toilets the least! I read somewhere that they might flush better with less...
  5. FLJeff

I have drawn up a new layout based on what I have read here. The vents attach using T/Y combos as well. What do you think? Thanks
  6. FLJeff

Yeah I thought the same thing. Either there isn't one, or it has a running trap covered by slab. Not sure what they were thinking.
  7. FLJeff

Thanks for the quick reply. The shower will have a glass door. No room for a vent there. What exactly is the precise definition of "trap arm" here? Is it simply all the piping between the trap and the nearest vent? In the existing setup, that would that mean the shower trap arm ends at the...
  8. FLJeff

Hello, I am just finishing the tear-down phase of a master bath remodel. This bathroom had a tiled alcove shower and a toilet. Just outside the door (to the right in the photos) is a double vanity. The house is slab-on-grade. I have a bit of a problem with the new DWV layout. The...
  9. FLJeff

Exposed Utility Plumbing

I am in the middle of planning a whole-house re-pipe. My house is slab-on-grade with copper tubing under the slab. Like many others I have had too many under-slab leaks (all hot side) and I want to re-do the plumbing properly. I plan to run Uponor/Wirsbo PEX through the attic. Based on what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks