Recent content by Flipperman2a2w

1. Flipperman2a2w

Should I replace my pressure tank?

The pipe in the foreground is the one coming from the well (the well you see in the photo is an old one that didn't seal properly on installation, so it's no longer in use). Our well is about 20 feet uphill from the pressure tank, and the house is about 50 feet downhill from the pressure tank-...
  2. Flipperman2a2w

I haven't had any issues with the digital switch, so I've been lucky so far, I guess. There was a time once when I had to reset it by flipping the breaker off and on- no idea what caused it to stop working, though... The switch wasn't cheap- $200, and now they're going for $259 (on backorder...)...
  3. Flipperman2a2w

Well, I decided to go ahead and replace the tank... I already had the new one (took 4 months to arrive after being on backorder), and I was debating whether I should just sit on it until the original one died. I'm glad I replaced it- there was all kinds of rust and sediment coming out of the...
  4. Flipperman2a2w

I've been doing some upgrades and improvements around the house, and I've been debating whether to break my "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule by replacing my pressure tank. It's 16 years old and has quite a bit of corrosion on the outside, since it is located outside (under a fiberglass...
  5. Flipperman2a2w

LP Water Heater Installation Question(s)

Yeah, I might just call the propane company and see if they can send an installer. My concern is disconnecting the TracPipe fitting and having an issue with reconnecting the old fitting (i.e. a leak that I can't fix).
  6. Flipperman2a2w

After closer inspection, it appears that the gas line is TracPipe brand. The piping to my water heater is 3/4". I looked at the TracPipe website, and it looks like the fitting at the end of the pipe is a 3/4" TracPipe AutoFlare. This fitting then connects to the ball valve, which then connects...
  7. Flipperman2a2w

Thank you for the reply! I don’t believe I have a thermal expansion tank? I’m on a private well and haven’t had any issues with the valve until I flushed it. Regrettably, I used to be really good about flushing the tank twice a year but have neglected that duty in recent years. I read somewhere...
  8. Flipperman2a2w

Hi Everyone- I’ve decided to replace my 15 year old Bradford White gas water heater. The old one was making banging noises, so I flushed it twice. The water was brown for a day before settling, and now the pressure relief valve drips. It also looks like the sealant between the tank and the...
  9. Flipperman2a2w

Failed Studor Vent Affecting Other Fixtures?

Would a failed studor vent under my kitchen sink affect the venting of other fixtures in the house?
  10. Flipperman2a2w

Toilets Burping Septic/Sewer Gas...

I just wanted to update my post for others who may encounter this issue in the future... It has been almost a week, and the gas smell doesn't seem to have come back to any of the fixtures where we were smelling it. Only time will tell, but I'm trying to figure out what solved the problem...
  11. Flipperman2a2w

Well water possible clogged pipes bad water pressure

What did the well man have to say about your issue? Do you know what parts he replaced to fix your issue with running out of water? I'm a bonified diy-er, but I don't think I'd be messing around with my well pump and things like that. My well is almost 200 feet down, though. I guess you just...
  12. Flipperman2a2w

So, I removed the toilet in the guest bathroom. I expected to be choking on gas when I broke the wax-ring seal, but I didn't smell anything. Nothing looked especially abnormal- there has always been some slimy black stuff in the tank, which I assume is iron bacteria. It has a very faint odor...
  13. Flipperman2a2w

Yeah I used to drain it every time we left after a vacation. I would usually get some rust-colored water for the first 10-15 seconds, which didn't come as a surprise with our crappy water. I agree, though, I don't think that's the issue, as the toilet water is just cold water... I guess I'm...
  14. Flipperman2a2w

Hmmm... That may be the problem- especially if it only occurs in certain fixtures. The sink pipes that I pulled from our master bath for cleaning definitely had some black sludge on them. The smell hasn't returned, and it's been a couple days, since I cleaned it. I'm thinking maybe I should...
  15. Flipperman2a2w

I'll have to get some tubing from Lowes and give this a try- I'm not 100% sure if I understand what I'm looking for with this test, though? The gas that bubbles up from the toilet jet comes up with some force (makes a bubbling sound when you flush the toilet), so it would seem that there is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks