Recent content by FLhome0wner

1. FLhome0wner

Wet venting/

I'm remodeling most of my house and want to know if I've wet vented these drains correctly. This is for Florida residential code bases in the IPC. The two Ferncos next to each other after the 45 have a combo wye on its back and 2 inch vertical pipe with a single lavatory with a 1.5 inch trap arm...
  2. FLhome0wner

Installing quieter sanitary drainage pipes

I already removed all my old copper drains in my house due to holes corroded in them. I'm installing my new sanitary drainage pipes on my two story house and I'm planning to install everything above the slab(passing through the kitchen and living room) with cast iron no hub for sound...
  3. FLhome0wner

Supporting cast iron pipe above PVC

Thank you for your responses. I found a way to support it with a riser clamp and how to frame it.
  4. FLhome0wner

What do I attach the riser clamp to? This pipe doesn't go up through the subfloor above until after the horizontal offset. I plan to use a riser clamp above that subfloor, but I would like to support it mid span in the wall before going horizontal.
  5. FLhome0wner

Is there a clamp/support you can recommend? I haven't found anything for this purpose when looking around online.
  6. FLhome0wner

I would like to install some hubless cast iron above some PVC coming out of my slab for noise concerns. Is it sufficient that the cast iron rest on the PVC with a fernco proflex banded coupling? Do I need a vertical support for the cast iron? The cast iron will turn horizontal about 8 feet up...
  7. FLhome0wner

DIY Plumbing Help

I haven't gotten a response so I'll try and be more specific with my concerns about the drain from the tub to the side inlet of the quarter bend. This is under ipc/Florida building code. Can the tub drain count as the clean out from it to its vent? Can the vent or tub drain count as the clean...
  8. FLhome0wner

Side inlet quarter bend

Thanks for your response. As I understand it, a side inlet will work for this application if it is vented.
  9. FLhome0wner

DIY Plumbing Help

Here is another angle and a photo of the current plumbing that is being moved into the joists. I also updated the original post with attached photos.
  10. FLhome0wner

DIY Plumbing Help

I've started a DIY project at my house and I've gotten to the drains and am in over my head. Attached are the images of what I am planning to install between my joists. I think everything in the first picture is OK... I am really unsure about all the bends in the second picture to the bath tub...
  11. FLhome0wner

Side inlet quarter bend

The 3 inch horizontal will have it's own 3 inch vent about 4 ft from the 90 degree bend down. The tub going into the side inlet could have it's own vent, but why would it need it? Wouldn't the horizontal part of the quarter bend be able to wet vent that vent?
  12. FLhome0wner

Side inlet quarter bend

Is it allowable in the Florida building code to use a side inlet quarter bend at the top of a vertical pipe? I plan to have a bathtub drain into the side 1 1/2", venting though the wet horizontal which will be 3" and serving a WC, lav and tub.
  13. FLhome0wner

DWV design sanitary tee

I have a 3 inch water closet that drains about for about 3 ft to the the lower part of the stack with a vent upstream of it. I am adding a new drain that will be coming from the opposite side of the stack (180 dregees from the WC), it's vented elsewhere. I am trying to keep them both within 8...
  14. FLhome0wner

Replace copper pipes?

I believe the sizing is acceptable, 2 inch on the shower, 1.5 inch on the bath, 2 inch on the kitchen sink and 3 inch on the toilets. On the drains, is copper quieter than PVC? I need to replumb a 5-8 ft section to move it up into the ceiling and add a bathtub drain to it. I am debating about...
  15. FLhome0wner

Replace copper pipes?

I have copper pipes throughout my house, drain and supply. They are around 60 years old. I have all the walls/floors open currently. I am moving some of the drain/vent pipes. Should I replace them all with PVC? I will be replacing small sections with PVC. I am also moving some supplys lines...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks