Recent content by flexinflux

1. flexinflux

Bathroom Shower, Gut and Replace

Thanks for the input guys. I'll look into possibly trying to save a few sheckles by buying some of the materials myself. Thankfully I had the valve updated a couple of years ago, so it might be acceptable to keep it where it is. Strangely, the plumber that installed my valve is the same one who...
  2. flexinflux

Thanks for your lengthy reply. I did check out the forum(s) you recommended and they were very helpful. I was briefly considering the option of doing this myself, but after a little reading I can tell that this is probably one project left to someone else. Perhaps getting bids from plumbing...
  3. flexinflux

I'm in the process of obtaining bids to redo a 50-year-old, tiled shower stall with a bad trap/drain. This is a 3x3 enclosure with white tile. Today I received a proposal from a local plumbing & HVAC company asking me for roughly six thousand dollars. Their bid includes ripping everything out...
  4. flexinflux

water heater in a pit

Hello all, My water heater (gas) is near death. It is a tall 50 gallon model in a 'shelf' basement. When this unit was originally installed, my guess is that it was replacing a smaller model because... in order to make this heater fit, a 2x4 section of the concrete floor was broken up and a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks