Recent content by flanneljammies

1. flanneljammies

2-inch trap between 2x8s?

Yes, between the joists to tie in with the tub drain. It looks to me like I should only really need to raise the floor by 3/4". I've got a couple of other plumbers to evaluate the rough in. Stay tuned...
  2. flanneljammies

Well I'm TRYING to do my homework. I am planning on building the preslope myself. But there has to be a subfloor sitting on the joists though and the trap bend has to fit under it, so I'm still confused. This image from the John Bridge forums shows the trap bend fitting neatly in the joist space:
  3. flanneljammies

The only traps I saw were Bell traps. Those aren't legal most places, are they? I'm pretty sure that's what I tried. From the bottom of the joist space (plaster ceiling below), the trap came to the top of the 2x8.
  4. flanneljammies

Wouldn't that would be a running trap and not up to code?
  5. flanneljammies

Russell from Madison WI here. I'm creating a master bath out of a bedroom and two closets in our 90-year-old Arts and Crafts hybrid. I'm doing a custom shower and need to put a 2-inch trap between the existing 2x8 joists (I have sistered and blocked them with 2x6s). The plumber I'm considering...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks