Recent content by fjordrr

1. fjordrr

Copper Supply Routing over/across vent pipe?

Thanks! No freezing risk, managed to squeeze 'em in the first part of an interior wall. Squeeze being the operative word, hence my question!
  2. fjordrr

Copper Supply Routing over/across vent pipe?

Actually have the same question as the OP. Have to run cold water supply across 2" vent pipe, there is room (just barely). I found something that suggested using 45's to wrap the copper supply around the vent pipe is the way to go. Is this OK per code? WA State here.
  3. fjordrr

AAV On Sink /Wet Vent for Toilet? With Diagram

Fantastic, thanks. Now just have to get over the flu so the job can get done!
  4. fjordrr

Figured out how to go straight up thru roof and also avoid sheetrock finishing :), so dropped the idea of AAV. 1) Does the following still look OK? 2) Can I switch to 1.5" after sani-tee to sink, or do I have to stay 2" thru the roof? (WA state UPC) tia...
  5. fjordrr

This house is on an old septic system too, Oatey's warning is "The use of an AAV with septic systems requires no special considerations other then that the “primary vent” to open air MUST be located at the point of heaviest drainage loading or taken off from the lowest building drain elevation...
  6. fjordrr

Thanks for replies. I should have mentioned I'm in WA State, I read some King County code that said an AAV is OK. So Terry, I believe you are saying the new grey connection with AAV is OK as drawn - that's great! And the part on the right is weird in part because that section of the house was...
  7. fjordrr

Wow, been a while since I've been on this awesome forum. Decided to add a small bar sink in a "butler's pantry" we're working on, stealing the cold water from a powder room toilet that is just on the other side of the wall where we're planning to put the sink. But in the process, discovered...
  8. fjordrr

Supply to 3/4" valve?

Thank you very much! :) Work is beginning today.
  9. fjordrr

Supply to 3/4" valve?

Thanks for the continued info. Since I can only run a max of 2 functions at one time (diverter's limit), they will be limited to 5 gpm total for the hand shower & ceiling rainhead together, and 4.5 gpm for either showerhead plus the 2 body sprays together. So I am OK there. I bought the...
  10. fjordrr

Supply to 3/4" valve?

D) - the diverter - will operate 3 "functions" - a handshower, showerhead, & 2 body sprays. It can do each function separately, or any 2 at one time. The 3 valves (B,C, D) will be vertically on one wall, one on top of each other. This wall will also have the hand shower. The 2 body...
  11. fjordrr

Supply to 3/4" valve?

Well that's what we were all thinking, but per Grohe's shower design manual: "It is not necessary to have a 3/4" supply line to use a 3/4" valve. A 1/2" supply line plumbed into a 3/4" valve will still effectively increase water flow, but a 3/4" supply line is preferred. " I actually went...
  12. fjordrr

Supply to 3/4" valve?

Well now I'm tackling my other unfinished bathroom. It has the usual 1/2" supply lines roughed in to the shower area. I bought 3/4" valves which will go to 1/2" showerheads. My question is: do I just convert ONCE from 1/2" to 3/4" supply lines before the 1st valve (thermostatic mixer)...
  13. fjordrr

New Toilet Keeps Leaking From Bottom

Wanted to post the end of my "saga". The replacement Porcher toilet bowl I miraculously found in Utah finally did the trick. Used a Fernco seal on it too for good measure. Therfore, my conclusion is that the mysterious water seeping from the bottom must have been a pinhole leak somewhere...
  14. fjordrr

Pressure Assist & Dual Flush Questions

I owned a pressure-assist toilet for several years (Eljer brand) purchased at a big box store - just hauled it to the dump this weekend. It was noisy as stated previously - something to get used to, particularly in the middle of the night. Cats sure didn't like it lol! Water recovery into the...
  15. fjordrr

New Toilet Keeps Leaking From Bottom

Ha! Trust me, would love to have anything except this Porcher toilet for functionality, but this is a fancy bathroom with tumbled marble on the walls, wall-mount faucet mounted thru an antique mirror, bla bla bla so the Porcher Bedminster toilet with unique Victorian rope design, coordinates...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks