Recent content by fjacky32

1. fjacky32

Backup Sump Pump (battery)

To add to my previous post...... Are the 12V battery backup pumps supposed to be completely submerged under water? Or is the wiring part supposed to be out of the water?
  2. fjacky32

Hopefully this is my last question. I have 'tweaked' my set up and it's a little cleaner in the pit. But for my 12V battery backup, I can't get the float set up properly. It's either it's too high and the water rises more than I want, or the float is too low and the pump runs and keeps...
  3. fjacky32

:) HA, it's actually 31" x 22" x 30" deep
  4. fjacky32

Well the pit is quite big. I have a submersible, column, and battery backup pump in there, with still enough room to fit a bucket in there to bail water if needed. Also, it may not be a 'true' 3/4 horse, but that's what it says on the motor.
  5. fjacky32

I actually modified my sump pit and it is quite large and the motor does run for 45 seconds to a minute and then at peak time will sit for 5 minutes. (is that good enough?) But maybe I should go for a 'lighter' pump next time.... But the lifetime warranty sure helps.
  6. fjacky32

I'll check for true deep cycle batteries. Never realized that the marine weren't true deep cycle. Thanks
  7. fjacky32

I just bought a new battery earlier this year. Would it be best to buy 2 new batteries at the same time? What does desulphate mean? And I'll make sure to check on my charging unit. Also, I am in Canada and we do not have Hydromatic or Zoeller brands. Thanks
  8. fjacky32

I bought a 'high end' 3/4 horse submersible with a lifetime warranty.... which is great because I have gone through 3 in the last 4 years. This last time I went with a different brand name. Bad luck huh? As far as my 'daisy chain' battery idea.... Our power went out yesterday and the single...
  9. fjacky32

Well my main pump was running all winter long..... water wasn't coming in too quick, but it was still coming in. I always test out my battery sump pump just to make sure it's up and running. My last battery lasted me almost 5 years, so not too bad. And I found good info on Guardian gens...
  10. fjacky32

i am definitely not worrying needlessly. We have already flooded twice in our basement (costing us over $8000 in damages). I already have modified my pit size and have 1 submersible pump, 1 column pump and then the battery pump hooked up... I know it sounds nuts, but believe it or not we almost...
  11. fjacky32

Hello, I have a battery backup sump pump that runs along side of my powered sump pump. It is a 12V pump that uses a deep marine battery. It's that time of year when I am constantly worrying about my finished basement being flooded. Is it possible to 'daisy chain' 2, 3, 4 marine batteries...
  12. fjacky32

Venting Bathroom - Is my way a good way?

I live in Ontario, Canada and I can't find one over 50cfm. And the wall mount fans seem way more pricey.
  13. fjacky32

It won't be insulated. It's just going through the wall. 6 inches. Of course I'll spray some foam insulation around the inline duct fan, but Ill have a regular indoor vent on the inside and a dryer louvre vent on the outside. (I have attachments in my original post) Guess it's not gonna work...
  14. fjacky32

Ya, that's my only real worry. But again, wouldn't cold air also come in if I vented through the roof?
  15. fjacky32

It's aluminum siding. I'm just really worried about the bathroom being real cold in the winter. I was hoping the outside vent with flaps would help
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks