Recent content by finesstan

1. finesstan

Gas Hot Water Heater leaking (Power Venting)

The water quality is very hard were I live. I had a water softner installed a few months after we moved into the home. I failed to do the yearly maintenance of flushing the water heater so this probably lead to the water leak.
  2. finesstan

Gas Hot Water Heater leaking (Power Venting)

I have a State Select water heater that recently started to leak. The heater itself is 7yrs old with a 6year warranty. Just my luck it decided to go bad a year after the warranty expired. I decided to take on the task of replacing the unit myself. My water heater is a power venting unit...
  3. finesstan

Hot Water Heater Keeps turning off

Hot Water Heater problem I'm posted a diagram of my Hot Water Heater. I can't remember the make and model but I can give you that later today. This is however a power vented unit. I did check my manual for any diagnotic codes for the flashing red light but there were none. The manual simply...
  4. finesstan

Hot Water Heater Keeps turning off

I have a Hot Water Heater about 50-55 gals. thats giving me trouble. Everymorning for the past 3days I noticed no hotwater. I go down into my basement to check on the H.W. Heater and noticed a (Red) light flashing on the control box. I reset the heater by fliping the switch on the the control...
  5. finesstan

Leaking outdorr water faucet

Thanks for the input. I'm planning on tackling this myself. Can I replace the whole faucet unit from outside of the house or do I have to gain access from inside the basement. I just finished drywalling my basement and I would hate cut out a hole in the ceiling but if need be I will.
  6. finesstan

Leaking outdoor water faucet Thanks for the quick response. To answere you question. I forgot to do just that. I remebered to unscrew the house after the first winter freeze. Guess I waited too late and the damage was done huh? Water does not leak constantly from behind the faucet only after I...
  7. finesstan

Hello, I have a leaking outdoor water faucet. Whenever I turn it on, I noticed that water leaks from behind the faucet. I really can't pin-point where the leakeage is but water comes from behind siding. The outdoor faucet has the frost-free style with a vaccume breaker hose connector. Can anyone...
  8. finesstan

Adding Shower drain in Basement

Thanks again for advice. As far as the toilet vent I don't know where that is. What you see in the picture is pretty much the rough-ins for 1/2 bath (sink and toilet. I don't know if the plumber left of the toilet vent by mistake during the initial contruction. Or there's a possibilty it could...
  9. finesstan

Sorry, I'm a first timer. I didn't word my plan correctly. I plan to tie into the waste line drain beneath the concrete slab not the clean out. I'm assuming the waste line drain is vented along with the sink rough-in that is connecting beneath the slab also. On the picture there is a pipe which...
  10. finesstan

Thanks again! OK, you talked me into breaking up the Concrete. Here is a picture I attached just the give a lay out of what I'm trying to do. On the picture you can see where I plan to trench into the existing Clean-out beneath the c-crete. As far as venting I assumed the Clean-Out line is...
  11. finesstan

Thanks for the adive. If I decide to take the easy route by raising the shower base how would I tap into the clean out stack. Would I add a (T) just above the grade to attach the drain for the shower? I know I would need a 2" trap beneath the shower drain so I'm assuming I would need to rasie...
  12. finesstan

I'm in the process of adding a shower drain in my basement. My house is fairly new only 2yrs old. I had rough ends for toilet and sink added in during initial contsruction but now I would like to have a shower also. Can anyone give me the best approach as to adding the drain. Can I tap into the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks