Recent content by Fiasco

1. Fiasco

what to set first - floor stone or wall tile??

Where there isn't Kerdi I use a board. Inside the shower I stack tile in each corner to the appropriatte height, set a ledger board on top of that and shim it to the correct height. I set a single row of tile around the room. I use painters tape to help secure the bottom row of tile...
  2. Fiasco

what to set first - floor stone or wall tile??

My preference is to do the walls first. I find the lowest spot in the floor along thew all and snap a level line around the room 1 tile height above that point. I leave out the bottom row, set the 2nd row all the way around and let it setup completely before continuing up the wall. I...
  3. Fiasco

Need some advice

I'm not a licensed contractor. Doesn't mean I don't do outstanding work.
  4. Fiasco

Big basement bathroom project

last pic, the finished shower
  5. Fiasco

The dovetail joint drawers were done with the MLCS pins & tails dovetail jig (a pain to use). The Mexican sand Kohler sink w/ Delta venetian bronze faucet. I ran out of Keracolor-s sanded biscuit caulk to finish the joint between the wall and countertop.... grrrrr.
  6. Fiasco

left over ceramic from the shower was used for the counter / vanity tops.
  7. Fiasco

99% done. Here are the most recent photos I made the cabinets with the MLCS 5 piece cabinet router set.
  8. Fiasco

When sealing the grout do you just sponge the stuff on? Do I need to keep it off the tiles or clean it off shortly thereafter or is it ok to let it dry on the tiles? started on the wall cabinets for over the washer and dryer.
  9. Fiasco

I'd like to point out the folly of the second paragraph.... Money well spent.... grrrr.
  10. Fiasco

The shower is 5' x 32" not including the threshold.
  11. Fiasco

and yes love that warm floor. The rest of the basement is getting the carpet taken out and heated ceramic put in.
  12. Fiasco

Not sure of the brand but I got it at Lowes. It is open through to the flood bulb. There is a ring of metal about 1 1/2" below the ceiling w/ a ribbon of "marbled" plastic difusing the light between the ring and the ceiling.
  13. Fiasco

Nice roomy closet is a boost to our meager storage space and keeps the fuse panel and water main out of site.
  14. Fiasco

Two 27"w x 30"h cabinets and end display shelf over the top of the washer/dryer.
  15. Fiasco

A lonely toilet looking for a 36" oak vanity to keep it company.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks