Recent content by Fein

1. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

Success!!! I just tested the setup with the both heads running (as well as the other shower in the house) and the pressure was good from all heads. There was a slight drop from the rain shower head when the hand held valve was open. Then I ran the handheld without the head installed and there...
  2. Fein

Adding a Steam Radiator

Not a DIY... I'll try and find an old salt who is willing to take a look at it. Two plumbers I've talked to were very negative (read 'no thanks- how about a pump system') about touching the old pipes (without even looking at them). The pipes are in good condition and when I moved a radiator...
  3. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

No Pressure Good point Hj- thanks. I thought (perhaps naively) that since the water had to go up further to the rain shower head that is where I would be losing pressure, hence the 3/4" riser. I will connect both fixtures to test the setup before I close it up (I'll and let you know the outcome).
  4. Fein

Adding a Steam Radiator

Hj- I'm Not sure I follow you. Existing radiators all have longish horizontal runs in the basement. I'm just thinking of putting it between first and second floor instead of basement. Everything proposed would be above the main and sloped back to it. Thanks.
  5. Fein

Adding a Steam Radiator

I plan to install a new small radiator on a one pipe steam system. This is for a new small bath on the second floor of a 1920's house. I would like to run the new line about 15'-0" between joists before heading down through an interior wall and teeing into the 2" main in the basement. All of...
  6. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

Proper operation Hj- When you say "proper operation", do you mean that it will not function as intended or that this setup is just not typical (or worse- some code violation)? Your comments and insight are much appreciated.
  7. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

Thanks Krow. I don't see internal check valves in the mixer specs- I take it they are not a standard item. That said I guess I'll stick with this setup. Plus I don't see how this is much different than having 4 body sprays and all that other junk people have nowadays... A side question-...
  8. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

responses HJ- Originally I planning on putting a valve on the rain shower as well- but I was concerned that this might damage the mixer cartirdge when someone turns just the valves off instead of the mixer to shut off the shower. Is there any validity to this concern? I did screw myself...
  9. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

more good tips- thanks. so soldering the nipple to the drop elbow is the usual way to go?
  10. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

Good idea to test with air- thanks. Ian- I don't know, I guess I'm a dirty guy. I wanted to be sure there was enough water for both shower heads.
  11. Fein

Rough-in Comments Please

I would greatly appreciate any comments the shower rough-in below. The setup: a rain shower always running and a handheld on a separate valve. Pictured is a pressure balanced mixer with 1/2" inlets and 3/4" supplies. A 3/4" shower riser leads to a ceiling mounted rain shower head. The...
  12. Fein

Best Shower Drain?

Thanks for the drain manufacturers- now to find a place to order or in stock... I like the idea of Kerdi but I don't understand how two overlapping pieces of membrane can be better than one solid piece of pvc. Couldn't the pieces separate if the thinset mix is bad or if water contiually runs...
  13. Fein

Best Shower Drain?

Any recommendations for a quality adjustable tile shower drain? The strainer on the Oatey models looks like it would deflect or feel flimsy underfoot. Zurn looks better but I have only seen online. Also- is round better than square? Seems like square is easier to tile around. This is for...
  14. Fein

Sissy Shower

Thanks all. I'm leaning towards a new 50 gallon and will check the spec sheets and I'll add a washer to see if adjusting the flow a little helps.
  15. Fein

Sissy Shower

We are a family of three with two full baths. It would be great if we could all shower one after another. Now we stagger showers at least 20 minutes apart to let the water heater "catch up". If I do the math for the shower- even with a 2.5 gpm shower head I would be out of hot water after...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks